Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Tim Dawson <td...@yahoo.com> on 2002/01/24 23:28:08 UTC

proposed addition to common.xml

When in a compile/debug cycle, I frequently have to devote a bunch of time
to manually copying the built war files over to my servlet engine's webapps
directory.  I added a simple target

  <target name="install" depends="dist" if="install.dir">
    <antcall target="${install.pre}"/>
    <copy file="${dist.doc}" toDir="${install.dir}"/>
    <copy file="${dist.examples}" toDir="${install.dir}"/>
    <antcall target="${install.post}"/>
  </target>

that allows you to provide an "install.dir" property in the build.properties
file, and have it automatically do the copies for you. This has really
helped me over the last few days. Do others think this is worth adding in?

Tim

Re: proposed addition to common.xml

Posted by horwat <Ju...@Sun.com>.
I'll add my +1 as well. I invoke a script to move built files over but this
is certainly more convenient.

Justy

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>