Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rivka Shisman <ri...@nite.org.il> on 2005/12/29 13:47:53 UTC

closing the browser after streaming a pdf file

Hello friends,

I have a ReportAction from which I'm streaming a pdf file to
AcrobatReader(The Action returns null).

When the Action ends - an empty I.E. browser opens and then Acrobat
opens my pdf file.

Is there a way to close the empty I.E. browser? Or prevent it from
opening in the fist place?

Thanks

Happy New Year

Rivka

Re: closing the browser after streaming a pdf file

Posted by Tamas Szabo <sz...@gmail.com>.
Hi!

On 12/29/05, Rivka Shisman <ri...@nite.org.il> wrote:

> Hello friends,
>
> I have a ReportAction from which I'm streaming a pdf file to
> AcrobatReader(The Action returns null).
>
> When the Action ends - an empty I.E. browser opens and then Acrobat
> opens my pdf file.
>
> Is there a way to close the empty I.E. browser? Or prevent it from
> opening in the fist place?

You probably have a target="_blank" in the link that takes you to the
ReportAction.
If this is tru just remove the target attribute.
If not how do you go to ReportAction? Do you click on a link?

Rivka

Tamas