Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Young, Jim" <Ji...@cibc.com> on 2001/08/22 21:20:47 UTC

Log4J & WebSphere

Hi,

I am trying to move an application from VisualAge Java and Tomcat to
WebSphere 3.5.4 but I can not get log4j to work. Within the Tomcat
environment I can initialize log4j simply by placing my log4J.properties
file in the WEB-INF/classes directory or creating a Servlet to initialize
log4j. Both ways work fine with Tomcat but not with WebSphere.

1) Can I simply put the log4j.properties file in some folder in WebSphere?
2) Can I initialize it using a Servlet?

Any help would be appreciated,

Jim