Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jijoe Vurghese <ji...@yahoo.com> on 2005/05/15 09:20:47 UTC

Decoding HTML in Tapestry

I tried searching this forum, but didn't find anyone running into a similar
situation. Here is what I have so far...

String data in a POJO object member - ">How do you do?"

This data is displayed on a Tapestry page in a text field.

Tapestry converts the string to "&gt;How do you do?"

So far, so good...Tapestry has automagically done escaping of HTML

When the user submits the form on this Tapestry page, I would expect Tapestry to
call the POJO's set method with the value ">How do you do?". In other words,
_after_ unescaping the HTML back to original form.

However, I see Tapestry setting the value "&gt;How do you do?"

Question 1 - is there is a Tapestry method that can "unescape" the incoming HTML?

Question 2 - is there an automagic way to have Tapestry just do this unescape on
incoming requests?

Caveat - I am using a custom OGNL property accessor for get/set on this POJO
because the get/set methods can't follow the JavaBean conventions:

setAttribute(String key, String value)
getAttribute(String key)

Right now, I have a hack in setProperty() method of my custom property accessor
to do the unescape. But this seems like a hack to me, because the reverse
(escaping while rendering page) is automatic.

TIA,

Jijoe

Re: Decoding HTML in Tapestry

Posted by Jijoe Vurghese <ji...@yahoo.com>.
Paul Ferraro <pmf8 <at> columbia.edu> writes:

> Actually, OGNL /does/ support object indexed properties.  Read more
> about it here:
> http://www.ognl.org/2.6.7/Documentation/html/LanguageGuide/indexing.html#N101C5

Holy Smokes!! That ought to teach me to RTFM :-)

Thanks for that tip, Paul

Posted by Paul Ferraro <pm...@columbia.edu>.
Actually, OGNL /does/ support object indexed properties.  Read more
about it here:
http://www.ognl.org/2.6.7/Documentation/html/LanguageGuide/indexing.html#N101C5

Paul