Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de> on 2005/05/07 22:03:46 UTC

RE: Unable to set cookies

Hi Gerald,

> I've sent messages to the list about this problem but I am
> still stuck, and I can't deliver my application like this.
> Cliff Rayman tried to help but his advice didn't work.
>
> Session management has simply stopped working -- it used to
> work, and now it doesn't. In the simplest example:
>
> [-
>
> use Data::Dumper;
>
> $udat{'allen'} = 'hello';
> -]

> produces:
>
> $VAR1 = { 'allen' => 'hello', '_session_id' =>
> '1fb99c0e5efe832edafa75a3b2db170f' };
>
> meaning that some magic is happening with %udat; but the
> cookie just isn't being set.
>
> There is nothing in the server log either.
>
> This is the output of wget -S :
>
> 1 HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> 2 Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 15:08:48 GMT
> 3 Server: Embperl/2.0rc3 Apache/2.0.52 (Unix)
> mod_perl/1.999.21 Perl/v5.8.5
> 4 Connection: close
> 5 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
>
> How do I troubleshoot this?

Could you try to enable dbgSession in Embperl_Debug in your httpd.conf and
look at /tmp/embperl.log if there are any hints?

Let me know what you see.

Gerald

RE: Unable to set cookies

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

> It makes sense -- if the headers are sent early, they don't
> know about the session info yet. Still, maybe a little
> warning in the doc under 'optEarlyHttpHeader' that it will
> disable session management would be very helpful to those of
> us who are still starting out with Embperl.

optEarlyHttpHeader isn't documented at all for Embperl 2.0, because it
doesn't is really supported in Embperl, for this reason I can't add your
comment, but maybe I should disable this option at all, so we avoid such
confusion.

Gerald

Re: Unable to set cookies

Posted by allen haim <al...@netherrealm.net>.
Hey, it works again! Thanks Cliff and Gerald.

At some point, I added the line

PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OPTIONS 16384

to my conf (i.e. optEarlyHttpHeader)

I don't know why I thought I needed this. I have just deleted that line, and
everything works again.

It makes sense -- if the headers are sent early, they don't know about the
session info yet. Still, maybe a little warning in the doc under
'optEarlyHttpHeader' that it will disable session management would be very
helpful to those of us who are still starting out with Embperl.

Allen

--

happy random U.S. amendment to a war crimes treaty, Apr 6., 1984:

... SHALL NOT APPLY TO DISPUTES WITH ANY CENTRAL AMERICAN STATE