Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jim Lynch <jw...@sgi.com> on 2003/06/06 18:33:50 UTC

At boot is order of start up (Apache vs Tomcat) important?

I know I've seen this discussion a while back but I couldn't find it.
On a Linux box I've build a simple minded tomcat start/stop/restart
script and put it in /etc/init.d.  Should I start tomcat before apache
or after or does it matter?  Same for shutdown.  Are there any timing
issues?

This is a RedHat installation.

Thanks,
Jim.

RE: At boot is order of start up (Apache vs Tomcat) important?

Posted by John Corrigan <jo...@johncorrigan.net>.
I've found that it is best to start Tomcat and wait until Tomcat is fully up
and running before starting Apache.  Otherwise Tomcat seems to die if Apache
sends it a request.  Your mileage may vary.