Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Leonardo Larraquy <ll...@hotmail.com> on 2005/01/25 15:03:09 UTC

NullPointerException without stack trace

Hi,
   I'm using Tomcat 5, and jdk 1.4.0 , and sometimes I receive java.lang.NullPointerException without stack trace.
   This exception cannot be reproduced, simply happens, on our customer production server, randomly (3 o 4 times a day).
   The system, is actually being used by 15 people constantly.
   The worst of this, is that, when NPE is thrown, its likely that you re-request that operation and everything goes ok.
   I've read http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4292742, and I must say that we are using JDK in server mode.
   Many developers had this trouble, but I haven't found a clue.
   Has anyone of you dealed with this problem?

Thanks in advance

Leonardo Lopez Larraquy
Jakarta SRL Ingenieria de Software
4953-0961