Posted to dev@wink.apache.org by Darin Amos <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/18 19:02:08 UTC

Invoke apache wink natively from java

Hello,

I have a fairly complicated question I would like to ask that I do not believe has a simple answer. I am an architect for a web application that exposes a REST API (using Apache Wink) for my application, the specifics of the application are not important. The API is being consume by 3rd party sources but we are now building a standard desktop web application. (We are building a responsible web front but again… not important). To improve the web sites performance on clients without a lot of horsepower (such as older iPads), many of the pages will still be built on the server within jsp’s and the resulting html will subsequently be cached. The server side jsp’s may or may not live within the same app server (or jvm). If the jsp’s are on a separate machine, there is no choice but to make an RPC call to invoke my REST services, but if the JSP’s are sitting within the same JVM, a mechanism where I can invoke my wink services natively would be a much better approach.

I there much thought into something like this? Invoking the wink services natively if they are being invoked from a JSP within the same JVM?

Thanks!

Darin Amos