Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Stefan Egli <st...@apache.org> on 2015/01/13 15:24:55 UTC

[jenkins] more history on jenkin builds

Hi,

Are there particular reasons against having a larger history (number) of
jenkins builds (eg at [0])? Sometimes useful to go back more than 1-2 days..

If not, who could change this (I don't seem to have the karma)?

Cheers,
Stefan
--
[0] - https://builds.apache.org/job/sling-trunk-1.6/

Re: [jenkins] more history on jenkin builds

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 5:14 PM, Stefan Egli <st...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> On 1/13/15 4:02 PM, "Robert Munteanu" <ro...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>>I guess it's limited to not overload Jenkins ( both memory and disk
>>space ) with history.
>
> Do we know how much a build needs in terms of disk space? I would have
> assumed that it keeps only the test/console results not the workspaces -
> in which case it should be rather small - but I'm not sure.

I think it's less disk space and more Jenkins memory with e.g. the
console output.

>>I can make this change ( but can't grant you karma ) . Right now we keep
>>the last 10 builds. How many builds do you think we should keep?
>
> Depends on the above I guess - and with the assumption that it uses only
> very little space, I would have suggested 50 :)

Done, let's see how that turns out :-)

Robert

Posted by Stefan Egli <st...@apache.org>.
Hi Robert,

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2015-01-13 at 15:24 +0100, Stefan Egli wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are there particular reasons against having a larger history (number) of
> jenkins builds (eg at [0])? Sometimes useful to go back more than 1-2 days..
>
> If not, who could change this (I don't seem to have the karma)?
>
> Cheers,
> Stefan
> --
> [0] - https://builds.apache.org/job/sling-trunk-1.6/

Hi Stefan,

I guess it's limited to not overload Jenkins ( both memory and disk
space ) with history. However, I think we can increase it temporarily
for debugging.

I can make this change ( but can't grant you karma ) . Right now we keep
the last 10 builds. How many builds do you think we should keep?

I think you can also search in the mail archives for failures, but
that's not always easy.

Robert