Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mark-Nathaniel Weisman <ma...@outlander.us> on 2002/11/30 08:53:01 UTC

RE: [users@httpd] VirtualHosts Help

I can't see if you named the virtualhost server with it's own directive:
#This would be the real virtualhost;
NameVirtualHost 10.10.10.10:80
#and this would be if you were doing SSL with the Virtualhost;
NameVirtualHost 10.10.10.10:443

One item is the forgotten port number on the virtualhost directive:
<VirtualHost 10.10.10.10:80>
	Blah, Blah, Blah,
</VirtualHost>

I personally don't use the trailing slash in the documentroot, although someone may correct me, works fine without it.

Sincerely,
Mark-Nathaniel Weisman
President/CEO
Infinite Visions Educational Systems Incorporated
Anchorage, Alaska
http://www.ivedsys.com
weismanm@ivedsys.com

Posted by Herb Stein <he...@herbstein.com>.
> I can't see if you named the virtualhost server with it's own directive:
> #This would be the real virtualhost;
> NameVirtualHost 10.10.10.10:80
> #and this would be if you were doing SSL with the Virtualhost;
> NameVirtualHost 10.10.10.10:443
>
> One item is the forgotten port number on the virtualhost directive:
> <VirtualHost 10.10.10.10:80>
> Blah, Blah, Blah,
> </VirtualHost>

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the directory that the log files get written
to must exist or Apache will not start.

Herb Stein
The Herb Stein Group
www.herbstein.com