Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Graham King <gr...@darkcoding.net> on 2005/06/15 14:03:55 UTC

changelog plugin date quote problem

	I have been trying to use the maven-changelog-plugin 1.8.1 and 1.8.2 on
Windows connecting to a Linux pserver. It always reports no changes.

  Adding a log statement to CvsLogListener to print out the stderr shows:

cvs [server aborted]: Can't parse date/time:  "2005-05-16

  Changing CvsChangeLogGenerator.getScmDateArgument to remove the part
quoting the date range if the os is Windows fixes it.

  Could someone advise me on whether this is a setup problem my end or a
bug ? I'm happy to submit a patch - the change is very small.

  Thanks in advance,
  Graham.

Re: changelog plugin date quote problem

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
On 6/16/05, Graham King <gr...@darkcoding.net> wrote:
>   I'm on Windows XP (SP2) with Cygwin's cvs 1.11.17.

Me too... I don't get an error with pserver access.

>   The quotes work fine on the command line, but it seems cvslib doesn't
> like them.
>
>   Does Netbeans's cvslib support SSH connections ? On the version I got
> from cvs the SSH2Connection part was commented out and marked as TBD.

It used to when I used it some time back. Looks like some testing is
in order. If there is anything additional you can report, or a fix you
find - that'd be great. Please file it in JIRA.

Cheers,
Brett

Re: changelog plugin date quote problem

Posted by Graham King <gr...@darkcoding.net>.