Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jeffrey Worst <je...@erols.com> on 2001/07/25 17:54:05 UTC

Simple (I think) Running Tomcat Question

I believe I now have Tomcat running successfully. But...

After starting Tomcat I get the following screen:
01-07-25 11:37:26 - ContextManager: Adding context Ctx(  )
01-07-25 11:37:26 - ContextManager: Adding context Ctx( /test )
01-07-25 11:37:29 - PoolTcpConnector: Starting HttpConnectionHandler on 8080
01-07-25 11:37:29 - PoolTcpConnector: Starting Ajp12ConnectionHandler on
8007

I then tried to run the Hello World applet.  When I successfully compile and
then try to run an applet, I get this error message:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: main

Any ideas why?

Jeff W.

Posted by Jeffrey Worst <je...@erols.com>.
Very true.  Let me go back and think this thing through some more so I can
post a more thoughtful question.

Thanks,

Jeff W.

Posted by Matt Read <mr...@dircon.co.uk>.