Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Lana Ramjit <la...@cs.ucla.edu> on 2021/06/10 16:12:16 UTC

Javascript object => Arrow Table

Hi all,
As the subject line indicates, I'm wondering if there's a library standard
way of converting a javascript object to an arrow table. Specifically, I'm
trying to get interoperability between knex <=> Arrow, since knex returns
an array of objects. I found this issue from a couple years ago
<https://github.com/apache/arrow/issues/5637>and was wondering if anything
had changed? Or will I need to implement this functionality myself?

Cheers,
Lana

Re: Javascript object => Arrow Table

Posted by Dominik Moritz <do...@apache.org>.
 Hi Lana,

We don’t right now but it’s certainly something we would like to add. I
recently added support for typed arrays in Table.new <https://table.new/> (
https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/10151) and filed a Jira to support
constructing Tables from arrays of objects in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-12536. You can follow the Jira.
If you would like to help with the JS library, I can help you with any
questions you may have.

Cheers,
Dominik