Posted to issues@karaf.apache.org by Clement Jebakumar <je...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/03 13:45:52 UTC

wrap:mvn:javax.servlet/servlet-api issue

Hi,

I am trying to create a feature for my bundles and try to create a custom
dist of karaf. But the build failed with below error:

[INFO] Installing feature
file:/C:/Users/cjebakum.ST-IDC/Documents/GitHub/archon
/declum-archon-new/target/assembly/system/org/apache/karaf/features/framework/3.
0.0.RC1/framework-3.0.0.RC1-features.xml to system and startup.properties
[INFO] Adding feature repository to system:
mvn:declum-archon/declum-archon-feat
ure/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/xml/features
[INFO] Adding feature repository to system:
mvn:org.apache.karaf.features/standa
rd/3.0.0.RC1/xml/features
[WARNING] could not resolve wrap:mvn:javax.servlet/servlet-api/2.5
org.sonatype.aether.resolution.ArtifactResolutionException: Failure to find
wrap
:mvn:jar:javax.servlet/servlet-api/2.5 in
http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2 wa
s cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until
the u
pdate interval of central has elapsed or updates are forced
        at
org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(Def

This issue is not seen if i dont have these dependencys in my pom.
<dependency>
  <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
  <artifactId>org.apache.felix.http.api</artifactId>
  <version>2.0.4</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
  <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
  <artifactId>org.apache.felix.http.base</artifactId>
  <version>2.0.4</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
  <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
  <artifactId>org.apache.felix.http.bridge</artifactId>
  <version>2.0.4</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
  <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
  <artifactId>org.apache.felix.http.bundle</artifactId>
  <version>2.0.4</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
  <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
  <artifactId>org.apache.felix.http.jetty</artifactId>
  <version>2.0.4</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
  <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
  <artifactId>org.apache.felix.http.proxy</artifactId>
  <version>2.0.4</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
  <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
  <artifactId>org.apache.felix.http.whiteboard</artifactId>
  <version>2.0.4</version>
</dependency>

Please help me in fixing this.

*Clement Jebakumar,*
111/27 Keelamutharamman Kovil Street,
Tenkasi, 627 811
http://www.declum.com/clement.html

Re: wrap:mvn:javax.servlet/servlet-api issue

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Clement,

Did you try mvn -U ?

Anyway, my advice is to avoid to use servlet-api. You can use the
geronimo-spec for that:

http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.geronimo.specs/geronimo-servlet_2.5_spec

which is OSGi native (no requirement to use wrap).

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: wrap:mvn:javax.servlet/servlet-api issue

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Ok,
I think you have a couple of strange things going on here.
First of all I think using wrapped bundles doesn't really work with the
build thing, and second you don't need to wrap the servlet 2.5 for Karaf.
If you use Karaf you're able to use pax-web which is the default
implementation of http-service for Karaf. So no need to install all those
felix-httpservice bundles.
Just install the http or http-whiteboard service and you should be running
quite fine.
Or if in need to deploy std. war just install the war feature.

regards, Achim

Project Lead
OPS4J Pax for Vaadin <http://team.ops4j.org/wiki/display/PAXVAADIN/Home>
Commiter & Project Lead