Posted to builds@apache.org by Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <re...@trialox.org> on 2011/06/16 11:49:16 UTC

Deploying mvn-site from build server

Hello,

In clerezza we have the following directive in the root pom for deploying
the site:

        <!-- where to deploy the web site -->
        <site>
            <id>people.apache.org</id>
            <url>scp://
people.apache.org/www/incubator.apache.org/clerezza/mvn-site/</url>
        </site>

This works fine when rnning site-deploy locally but not when having it
executed on hudson.   Would it be possible to give hudson the right to
access people.apache.org? Or should we configure things differently?

Cheers,
Reto

Re: Deploying mvn-site from build server

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hello,
Yup *-site.jar are in each maven-module/target.

So it looks to be a nice use case to add a new feature in jenkins :-)
: creating an archive which will contains all site datas.
Could you please load an issue in jenkins jira [1] ? I will take care of it.

Olivier Lamy
http://twitter.com/olamy | http://www.linkedin.com/in/olamy

[1] https://issues.jenkins-ci.org

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <re...@trialox.org>.
Hi Olivier

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hello,

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 8:58 PM, Reto Bachmann-Gmuer
<re...@trialox.org> wrote:
> would setting up a cron-job on people.a.o to wget -r
> https://builds.apache.org/job/clerezza-site/site/ be an acceptable
> solutions?

As a stop-gap solution, it's fine from the Jenkins point-of-view.

/niklas

Re: Deploying mvn-site from build server

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <re...@trialox.org>.
thanks for your help.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hello,
If you use the maven native jenkins plugin, the maven plugin site is
intercepted and your job should have a link (with the label
"Maven-generated site" ) to the generated site during the build (the
site is backuped and transfered to the master node).
So why not having an .htaccess file on p.a.o which redirect or act as
a proxy to the site in jenkins.

Makes sense ?

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 5:08 PM, Reto Bachmann-Gmuer
<re...@trialox.org> wrote:
> I'm irritated that they are considered save enough for having credentials to
> deploy to the maven artifact repository but not to the website server.

I wasn't the one who set this up, so I can only speculate on the
reasoning. First of all, only snapshots deployments are allowed.
Second, one can assume that having access to pushing snapshots to
repository.a.o is less of a problem than having shell on people.a.o.

/niklas

Re: Deploying mvn-site from build server

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <re...@trialox.org>.

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 4:54 AM, Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 11:49 AM, Reto Bachmann-Gmuer
> <re...@trialox.org> wrote:
>> This works fine when rnning site-deploy locally but not when having it
>> executed on hudson.   Would it be possible to give hudson the right to
>> access people.apache.org? Or should we configure things differently?
>
> There's been a few discussions on this topic previously. The problem
> boils down to build slaves being insecure, and thus we can't store
> private keys or similar that would enable Jenkins to access
> people.a.o.
>
> If anyone got an idea as how to solve this, let us know.

What about a formalized set of [rsync|wget|?] processes scheduled on
minotaur to pull from Hudson?

Matt

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.