Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jason Long <su...@sbcglobal.net> on 2005/02/17 05:59:29 UTC

Tiles scope headache assistance needed.

I have the following problem with scope and tiles.  The whole point of this
is to be able to put a holder around items presented in a list on the page
to give better delineation. Here is what I am attempting to do.

<logic:iterate id="quote" property="quoteValues">
          <bean:write name="quote" property="size"/>
</logic:iterate>

I would like to define the following tile definition:

<definition extends=".table.holder" name=".quote">
  <put name="content" value="/quote.jsp"/>
</definition>

And have quote.jsp as follows:
      <bean:write name="quote" property="size"/>

And then switch the page to the following:

<logic:iterate id="quote" property="quoteValues">
   <tiles:insert definition=".quote" flush="false"/>
</logic:iterate>

I always get Cannot find bean quote in any scope no matter what I do.  I
have tried many variations of <tiles:useAttribute/> and
<tiles:mportAttribute/>.  I do not want to want to simply pass a string to
the tile.  I need to be able to make any bean availble to other tiles
inserted into a page.  I would greatly appreciate any advice on how to make
this available to my subtiles.

Thank you for your time,

Jason Long
CEO and Chief Software Engineer