Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Ronald Pieterse <ro...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/15 10:33:10 UTC

Upgrade to 2.3.1 causes webapp startup problems

Hi,

I had my webapp running using Spring 3 with CXF 2.2.8 and decided to upgrade
to CXF 2.3.1.
Now the webapp doesn't startup correct anymore. It gives the following
exception:

Caused by:
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCurrentlyInCreationException: Error
creating bean with name 'campaignManager':
org.springframework.beans.factory.FactoryBeanNotInitializedException:
FactoryBean is not fully initialized yet

This is caused by the following bean:

    <bean id="campaignManager"

class="org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionProxyFactoryBean">
        <property name="transactionManager" ref="transactionManager"/>
        <property name="target" ref="campaignManagerTarget"/>
        <property name="transactionAttributes">
            <props>
                <prop
key="delete">PROPAGATION_REQUIRED,ISOLATION_READ_COMMITTED</prop>
                <prop key="*">PROPAGATION_REQUIRED</prop>
            </props>
        </property>
    </bean>

It seems that Spring is trying to set the properties of the
TransactionProxyFactoryBean
before it is actually loaded...?

Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this?

Re: Upgrade to 2.3.1 causes webapp startup problems

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Usually, this means there is some sort  of circular refeferences. In your
case, I would check through the refs defined:

<property name="transactionManager" ref="transactionManager"/>
<property name="target" ref="campaignManagerTarget"/>

to see if there is anything that could potentially be pointing back to the
TransactionProxyFactoryBean.

No idea why CXF would have any impact on this.  :-(

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: Upgrade to 2.3.1 causes webapp startup problems

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
How does you webapp load the configuartion ?
what's your TransactionProxyFactoryBean ?
Not sure what kind of behavior change on CXF will cause this kind of
problem without upper information.

On 12/15/10 5:33 PM, Ronald Pieterse wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I had my webapp running using Spring 3 with CXF 2.2.8 and decided to upgrade
> to CXF 2.3.1.
> Now the webapp doesn't startup correct anymore. It gives the following
> exception:
>
> Caused by:
> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCurrentlyInCreationException: Error
> creating bean with name 'campaignManager':
> org.springframework.beans.factory.FactoryBeanNotInitializedException:
> FactoryBean is not fully initialized yet
>
> This is caused by the following bean:
>
>      <bean id="campaignManager"
>
> class="org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionProxyFactoryBean">
>          <property name="transactionManager" ref="transactionManager"/>
>          <property name="target" ref="campaignManagerTarget"/>
>          <property name="transactionAttributes">
>              <props>
>                  <prop
> key="delete">PROPAGATION_REQUIRED,ISOLATION_READ_COMMITTED</prop>
>                  <prop key="*">PROPAGATION_REQUIRED</prop>
>              </props>
>          </property>
>      </bean>
>
> It seems that Spring is trying to set the properties of the
> TransactionProxyFactoryBean
> before it is actually loaded...?
>
> Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this?

--
Willem