Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Mr. B Obst" <b....@gmail.com> on 2007/02/04 05:52:06 UTC

jmeter mail sampler Q&A

I am a new user, looking for more details on mail sampler. I have spent
considerable time playing, surfing, at this point I am asking for links,
blogs, user-lists, forums, or a direct answer to;

How to I check and erase IMAP emails?

I have thoroughly reviewed
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/get-started.html

I have added the two (2) jar files to /lib/ext
{
mail.jar,activation.jar
}

I have this error:
1170461276196,47,Mail Reader Sampler,500,java.io.IOException: Unknown
encoding: ,Thread Group 1-1,,false,null

Thats when I try to retrieve >0 messages.

Thanks in advance,

./b

Re: jmeter mail sampler Q&A

Posted by b1alpha gtalk <b....@gmail.com>.
Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

How can I debug IMAP emails that are failing, the JMeter client has its
"own" behaviour and I need somre more debugging to figure out what that is.
However, something has caught the IOexception and did not print the full
trace or exception to logs or screen, so therefor, one can not debug JMeter
IMAP. This is probably not the appropriate behaviour.

Please create bug report, fix or advise,

./Brennon

Re: jmeter mail sampler Q&A

Posted by b1alpha gtalk <b....@gmail.com>.

Re: jmeter mail sampler Q&A

Posted by "Mr. B Obst" <b....@gmail.com>.

Re: jmeter mail sampler Q&A

Posted by "Mr. B Obst" <b....@gmail.com>.

Re: jmeter mail sampler Q&A

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: jmeter mail sampler Q&A

Posted by "Mr. B Obst" <b....@gmail.com>.

Re: jmeter mail sampler Q&A

Posted by "Mr. B Obst" <b....@gmail.com>.

Re: jmeter mail sampler Q&A

Posted by "Mr. B Obst" <b....@gmail.com>.

Re: jmeter mail sampler Q&A

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: jmeter mail sampler Q&A

Posted by "Mr. B Obst" <b....@gmail.com>.
Error
----------

Thread Name: Thread Group 1-1

Re: jmeter mail sampler Q&A

Posted by "Mr. B Obst" <b....@gmail.com>.
Thanks Sebb,

Re: jmeter mail sampler Q&A

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: jmeter mail sampler Q&A

Posted by "Mr. B Obst" <b....@gmail.com>.

Re: jmeter mail sampler Q&A

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
No; that was a bug in the HttpSampler which could not handle empty
content in a 500 response.

IMAP does not use the HttpSampler.

Re: jmeter mail sampler Q&A

Posted by "Mr. B Obst" <b....@gmail.com>.