Posted to dev@solr.apache.org by Houston Putman <ho...@apache.org> on 2023/03/31 17:04:22 UTC

Welcome David Smiley as Solr's new PMC chair

Hello,

Solr has had quite a year, with a major release and many cool new
initiatives!
It's been an honor to serve as the PMC Chair over that time.

Our PMC has traditionally rotated the position every year, and this year
the PMC has chosen David Smiley to be the next Solr PMC Chair.

Congrats David, and thanks in advance!

- Houston

Re: Welcome David Smiley as Solr's new PMC chair

Posted by Marcus Eagan <ma...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations sir!

On Fri, Mar 31, 2023 at 10:37 AM Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org> wrote:

> What great news!  Congratulations, David!
>
> On Fri, Mar 31, 2023 at 1:04 PM Houston Putman <ho...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > Solr has had quite a year, with a major release and many cool new
> > initiatives!
> > It's been an honor to serve as the PMC Chair over that time.
> >
> > Our PMC has traditionally rotated the position every year, and this year
> > the PMC has chosen David Smiley to be the next Solr PMC Chair.
> >
> > Congrats David, and thanks in advance!
> >
> > - Houston

Marcus Eagan

Re: Welcome David Smiley as Solr's new PMC chair

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
Congrats David!

Jan

Posted by Nazerke S <sn...@gmail.com>.
Congrats, David!

Posted by Dave <ha...@gmail.com>.
Awesome david!

Posted by Justin Sweeney <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.
Congrats David!

Posted by Mike Drob <md...@apache.org>.
Thank you for taking this mantle, David.

Posted by Gus Heck <gu...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations!

Posted by Andy Webb <an...@apache.org>.
Congratulations David!

Posted by Alessandro Benedetti <a....@sease.io>.

Posted by Alex Deparvu <st...@apache.org>.
Congratulations David!

Posted by Michael Gibney <mi...@michaelgibney.net>.
Thank you, David and Houston!

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.

--
Anshum Gupta

Re: Welcome David Smiley as Solr's new PMC chair

Posted by David Smiley <ds...@apache.org>.
Thanks everyone, and especially to Houston last year.  Just some added
responsibility.

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley