Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com> on 2003/02/17 23:32:47 UTC

Re[2]: Indentation!!!

Hello Mark,

Actually, yes, I found one more.

under <wrapping><general>, change

<beforeOperator>false</beforeOperator>
<beforeOperator>true</beforeOperator>

checkstyle complains if the operator isn't on the next line.  For
instance it doesn't like...

String myString = "blahahahaha saldfjsaldfjalsdfjaslfjsfdj" +
  "alsdjfasjdfasjfalsflsadfjalsfjsl";

it likes...

String myString = "blahahahaha saldfjsaldfjalsdfjaslfjsfdj"
  + "alsdjfasjdfasjfalsflsadfjalsfjsl";

Also, can we consider creating jars specific to the selectors and
servlet packages?

I would propose:

<property name="log4j-sandbox-selector.jar" value="log4j-sandbox-selector-${version}.jar"/>
<property name="log4j-sandbox-servlet.jar" value="log4j-sandbox-servlet-${version}.jar"/>

and then <jar> entries for each just like the current sandbox jar.

The reason for this is that selectors must be wherever log4j is and
servlet shouldn't be run from the shared class loaders.

So, if log4j.jar is in CATALINA_HOME/common/lib, then the selectors
jar should be there as well but the servlet jar must *not* be there.
It must be in WEB-INF/lib of the webapp.

We can still make the full jar, if you want, but it isn't very useful
for the selectors and servlets.

Jake

Best regards,