Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Christian Trutz <ch...@smilebase.org> on 2003/08/08 10:01:24 UTC

where Napoleon is banned

hi folks,

google dont find some j2ee stuff with elba.
I whould like to see a little elba code, where
is it???

chris

Re: Questions / Info about Elba

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@coredevelopers.net>.
+1 It is all about Geronimo baby  :D

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.

Questions / Info about Elba

Posted by "N. Alex Rupp" <no...@coredevelopers.net>.
I saw several posts along this line, but. . . .

The Elba sourcecode is available for download at the Elba project page at
sourceforge.

http://elba.sf.net  contains a faq about Elba & some links

Download Elba here:

If anyone has any questions about Elba that are not currently covered on the
Elba project page, please ask them here, and we'll update the FAQ.

Cheers,
--
N. Alex Rupp (norm@coredevelopers.net)

Re: where Napoleon is banned

Posted by Hubert Gregoire <hu...@free.fr>.
try

http://sourceforge.net/projects/elba/

Yours,

Hubert

Re: where Napoleon is banned

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@adeptra.com>.
http://elba.sourceforge.net/

On Friday, August 8, 2003, at 04:01 AM, Christian Trutz wrote:

> hi folks,
>
> google dont find some j2ee stuff with elba.
> I whould like to see a little elba code, where
> is it???
>
> chris

Adeptra, Inc.                                       203-434-2093(m)
geirm@adeptra.com                                   203-247-1713(m)

Re: where Napoleon is banned

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.
elba.sourceforge.net  was mentioned earlier I believe. It seems to be the
correct site. You can either get the code from CVS or look at their 3.2.2
release.

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/elba/elba/ being a link to
the CVS.

Reading the site, I'm to think of Elba as a latticework for Geronimo. I
thought that was something you put on a pie. It seems quite a good idea
though.

Elba will be an LGPL J2EE server. It begins as a fork of JBoss and will
replace components with Geronimo components until all JBoss is gone. Then
it will die.

[ranting..]
Quite peculiar in that it effectively has the same core team as Geronimo,
but is not under the legal auspices of the ASF. Companies need to adapt to
this style more often I think. It's ludicrous to think that an employee
can only belong to one group [their company].