Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Benjamin Naber <be...@coders-area.de> on 2018/08/03 14:05:13 UTC

slow performance CEPH RBD on KVM

Hi @all,

ive setup a Ceph Cluster in combination with KVM Hosts. If i benchmark ceph rbd performance from Hypervisor itself i got 10 times higher performance than from using a cloudstack created guest-vm.
are there any recommendet settings for KVM Hosts in cloudstack or KVM using with ceph rbd ?

kind regards
Ben

Re: Solved: slow performance CEPH RBD on KVM

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
Cool, I didn't consider this as a variable :)

IDE works extremely slow indeed... anyway, make sure to also have RBD
caching on KVM side.

Cheers

Posted by Benjamin Naber <be...@coders-area.de>.
Hi Andrija,