Posted to dev@hop.apache.org by Matt Casters <ma...@neotechnology.com.INVALID> on 2021/10/12 07:32:42 UTC

IO Connector

Dear Beam devs,

I took it upon myself to write a Neo4jIO connector to allow us to read from
and write to Neo4j graphs.
All in all it should be a fairly easy task but I'm actually struggling
despite my extensive experience with both Beam and Neo4j.
The blocking issues vary a bit but seem to revolve around my inability to
get my Beam development environment in working order.

1) Setting up my Beam development
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BEAM/Set+up+IntelliJ+from+scratch>
environment
for IDEA 2021.2 is something that's going wrong, probably around Gradle
configurations.
2) I can't get Google Auto to work in my IDE (IDEA) because of what seems
outdated documentation
<https://github.com/google/auto/blob/master/value/userguide/index.md>?
3) Since I'm obviously planning to generate a PR at the end of this
exercise: what is the suggested code format for Java in the Beam project?

Thanks for any answers or suggestions.  I'd be happy to help update the
docs once I figured out where things possibly go wrong.
I'm thinking of a README.md in sdks/java/io to point folks in the right
direction.

Cheers,
Matt

Re: IO Connector