Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de> on 2006/07/20 04:32:11 UTC

Yet another try: mod_jk 1.2.18 release candidate ready to test

Hi,

thanks to everyone who tested 1.2.17. We had one bug related to special
types used in the networking code. Furthermore there was one request for
enhancement we included in the next version 1.2.18.

Today this version 1.2.18 of the Apache Tomcat mod_jk web server
connector has been tagged. This version fixes the found bugs from
1.2.17. Please test and share your experience.

If no critical bugs will be found, we will have a formal release vote
starting at Monday, July 24th.

The source distribution can be downloaded from:

http://tomcat.apache.org/dev/dist/

The updated documentation can be found at

http://tomcat.apache.org/dev/docs/tomcat-connectors-1.2.18/

Please see

http://tomcat.apache.org/dev/docs/tomcat-connectors-1.2.18/changelog.html

for a complete list of changes.

Regards,

Rainer

Re: Yet another try: mod_jk 1.2.18 release candidate ready to test

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Steve,

>> http://tomcat.apache.org/dev/docs/tomcat-connectors-1.2.18/changelog.html
>>
>> for a complete list of changes.
>> This link appears to be broken (404 Not Found) :(

> Works fine for me, the url does wrap so make sure you have the entire url copy/pasted.

Hmm... wasn't working before, but now it is. I even tried moving up the
URL / by / and I didn't find anything until here:

http://tomcat.apache.org/dev/

Perhaps I just looked before the site was re-built or something.

<shrug>

-chris

Re: Yet another try: mod_jk 1.2.18 release candidate ready to test

Posted by Steve Ochani <oc...@ncc.edu>.
Date sent:	Thu, 20 Jul 2006 08:16:41 -0400
From:	Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Subject:	Re: Yet another try: mod_jk 1.2.18 release candidate ready to test
To:	Tomcat Users List <us...@tomcat.apache.org>
Send reply to:	Tomcat Users List <us...@tomcat.apache.org>

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Whops: we had some hassle with the files and it looks like the docs has
been unintentionally erased by myself. It's there on the source web
server now, thanks for the information.

It might take an hour or two to replicate to the public web server. If
you need it earlier: the docs are included in the download as well.

Regards,

Rainer

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Rainer,

> Please see
>
> http://tomcat.apache.org/dev/docs/tomcat-connectors-1.2.18/changelog.html
>
> for a complete list of changes.

This link appears to be broken (404 Not Found) :(

-chris

Re: Mod_JK / Tomcat : How does Tomcat know its name in mod_jk side?

Posted by ga...@free.fr.
Thanks

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.

Posted by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com>.
It build without problem on iSeries V5R3.

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
Rainer Jung wrote:
> To find out, why this is so: did you get the same VStudio complains for
> 1.2.16 or 17? I tought you built those?
> I would suggest to just repack the zip, since there is no change in
> repository and no official release yet.

Well, it's just packing, and its RM responsibility :)
I didn't compile from the .zip file, but from the SVN Tag,
and it has correct line endings when checkedout on win.

You can simply use something like:

svn export "${JK_SVN_URL}/jk" --native-eol CRLF ${JK_DIST}.tmp/jk

for DOS line endings, and use that as base
for the .zip file.

Or simple use the lineends.pl from apr/build
perl lineends.pl tomcat-connectors-1.2.18-src/
and then create the .zip.
Think that the later is more simple.

Regards,
Mladen.

Re: Yet another try: mod_jk 1.2.18 release candidate ready to test

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.

Mladen Turk wrote:
> Rainer Jung wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> http://tomcat.apache.org/dev/dist/
>>

> The .zip files have Unix line endings.
> At least all .dsp and .dsw files *needs* to
> have the DOS line endings, because VStudio
> complains about corrupted project files.
>
> This is only needed for .zip files.
>

> Also,
> http://tomcat.apache.org/dev/dist/win32/
> contains binaries.
>

> Regards,
> Mladen.

kippdata informationstechnologie GmbH
Bornheimer Str. 33a
53111 Bonn

Tel.: 0228/98549-0
Fax:  0228/98549-50
www.kippdata.de
=======================
kippdata informationstechnologie GmbH
Bornheimer Str. 33a
D-53111 Bonn

Tel.: +49/0228/98549-0
Fax:  +49/0228/98549-50
www.kippdata.de

Re: Yet another try: mod_jk 1.2.18 release candidate ready to test

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
I think I need to change the script for the Win case:

- export with CRLF endings
- fix auto*-generated files with unix2dos
- maybe (need to check) fix all generated docs files/NEWS/CHANGES except
images
- zip it

Using "-l" on the zip would be easier, but might break:

- gif, ico
- ./native/iis/installer/License.rtf
- ./native/iis/installer/isapi-redirector-win32-msi.ism

So we would need to maintain a list, which files need to be excluded in
the "-l". I think it ill be easier to rely on svn and keep the eol
information there.

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.

Posted by GB Developer <gb...@globallyboundless.com>.
Any reason the section titling on that page is so confusing?

"Changes from the released JK 1.2.18" makes me think I'm looking at the
changes that have been made *since* 1.2.18 and will be included in some, as
yet un-numbered, future release.  If that's actually correct... you mean I
have to make the mental calcuation "I want to know what changed in version
x, therefore look for a title that says version x-1" every time I look at a
changelog?

I'd suggest a tile like "JK 1.2.18 Changes" or even just "JK 1.2.18" (as it
is for TC).

Just a nit, thought I'd pick it.