Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Ashish Vijaywargiya <vi...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/02 10:18:09 UTC

Need some fields description from CustRequest entity

Hello,

Can anybody of you tell me the purpose of the following two fields from
"CustRequest" entity ?

      <field name="openDateTime" type="date-time"></field>
      <field name="closedDateTime" type="date-time"></field>

--
Ashish Vijaywargiya
Indore (M.P), India

Re: Need some fields description from CustRequest entity

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <vi...@gmail.com>.
Thx BJ & Jacques for your reply.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>
[...]

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <vi...@gmail.com>.
It's good for future references Jacques.
Thanks for your efforts.

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 10:25 PM, Jacques Le Roux <

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "BJ Freeman" <bj...@free-man.net>

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I will put in my task list and research the code to make sure there are
not other uses.
:)

Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 8/2/2008 2:45 PM:
> I guess we should wait for reactions and if you are right, BJ, we should
> put these information as fields descriptions
>
> Thanks
>
> Jacques
>

> From: "BJ Freeman" <bj...@free-man.net>
>> I did review those.
>> my take is they are when the customer service person responsible for the
>> request opened it for action and closed it as resolution is when
>> openDateTime and closedDateTime.
>> then you take the customer requestdate and openDateTime to see the
>> efficiency of the customer service people.
>> Created date and custRequestDate most likely are the same.
>> Last modified date can be till the closedDateTime which is when the
>> customer service people say it is resolved. This gives when the last
>> action was done to see if the steps to resolve the request are happening
>> in a timely manner.
>>
>> Now in some customer response systems, the openDateTime adn
>> closedDateTime can happen more than once as the customer is not satified
>> with the resolution.
>>
>> responseRequiredDate is the time the customer needs a response.
>>
>> since a lot of these fields can not be seen used in code, it is usually
>> falls to how ever utilizes them first as to thier true definition, I
>> have found.
>>
>> :)
>>

>> Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 8/2/2008 2:07 PM:
>>> From: "BJ Freeman" <bj...@free-man.net>
>>>
>>> Yes, not easy to infer between
>>> custRequestDate
>>> responseRequiredDate
>>> openDateTime
>>> closedDateTime
>>> createdDate

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "BJ Freeman" <bj...@free-man.net>

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I did review those.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "BJ Freeman" <bj...@free-man.net>
> just a guess
> this defines when the request was made and when it was closed.

Yes, not easy to infer between
custRequestDate
responseRequiredDate
openDateTime
closedDateTime
createdDate
lastModifiedDate

We may try togheter but I thinks it's better to wait for with a real and complete knowledge about those fields
. custRequestDate may refer to a date the customer entered when he/she made his/her request (I suppose by default its the time the
user created the request)
. responseRequiredDate obviously refer to the last time this request will be helpful for the customer
. openDateTime mmm ... may refer to the date thi  request should be considered (or implies different status like created, open, ...
? But in this case would be openedDateTime)
. closedDateTime the date when the request was closed

. createdDate may refer to the date the request was 1st created (implies different status like created, open, ... ?)
. lastModifiedDate last time the request was modified

The purpose of this post is to underline the trouble you can get sometimes in OFBiz. Obviously some comments to differentiate those
dates (or more creative names for some of them, namely custRequestDate , openDateTime, createdDate)  would not have been luxury (as
some may find this post ;o). IMHO, it happens that we find ourself in such situations, not only with entities fields, and we should
try to avoid it. Like I said long before, the best API is nothing without its documentation,. And in this respect we have still a

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
just a guess