Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Jeff Eastman <jd...@windwardsolutions.com> on 2012/10/07 11:50:07 UTC

Draft October Board Report

Here is the draft of our October Board report that is due by the 10th.
In it, you will please note that Jake Mannix has been elected to become
the next PMC Chairperson and Paritosh Ranjan has been elected to the PMC.

DRAFT === Apache Mahout Status Report: October 2012 ===

Apache Mahout provides implementations of machine learning algorithms
(collaborative filtering, clustering, classification, and more) for
large-scale data, mostly via Hadoop-based implementations.

ISSUES

There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

CURRENT ACTIVITY

Activity has remained high during the past 3 months.

Now we are embarked upon a new 0.8 release. A goal of 0.8
is to continue clean up of existing functionality to improve
consistency and improve user experience. In this release, some
new additions to Mahout functionality are also planned.

Code freeze for 0.8 is targeted for Nov 15.

A 1.0 release is not yet on the horizon.

COMMUNITY

Jake Mannix has been elected to be the new Mahout PMC Chair.
Paritosh Ranjan has been elected to the Mahout PMC.
We have no new committers since our July report

Re: Draft October Board Report

Posted by paritosh ranjan <pa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jeff.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.