Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dave Emerson <dj...@rcn.com> on 2000/09/25 14:47:26 UTC

struts-example broken in 0.5 release?

I installed the 0.5 release and tried running the webapps that came with it.  Both struts-documentation and struts-test seem to work fine.  When I try to run struts-example, however,  I get either:

The requested URL /struts-example/editRegistration.do was not found on this server
        or
The requested URL /struts-example/logon.do was not found on this server

Can somebody please give me a hint or point me to the doc that I need to read?

Thanks,
Dave

Re: struts-example broken in 0.5 release?

Posted by Slava Voronin <sv...@home.com>.
Dave Emerson wrote:

> I installed the 0.5 release and tried running the webapps that came
> with it.  Both struts-documentation and struts-test seem to work
> fine.  When I try to run struts-example, however,  I get either: The
> requested URL /struts-example/editRegistration.do was not found on
> this server        orThe requested URL /struts-example/logon.do was
> not found on this server Can somebody please give me a hint or point
> me to the doc that I need to read? Thanks,Dave

I get exacly the same.
Slava.

AW: struts-example broken in 0.5 release?

Posted by Frank Moellers <Fr...@t-online.de>.
>Can somebody please give me a hint or point me to the doc that I need >to read?

Hi Dave,

i assume you are using a tomcat/apache/WinNT combination?

I've got the same problem here, a standalone tomcat version
works fine.
There seems to be a problem with the extension mapping.

Adding the following line to the apache-tomcat.conf doesn't work:
  AddHandler jserv-servlet .do

For a temporary solution i changed the ApJServMount entry
in the apache-tomcat.conf
from:
  ApJServMount /struts-example/servlet /struts-example
to:
  ApJServMount /struts-example/ /struts-example

THis works, but i think it can not be the official
way to handle this problem.

My system runs with Win2000, maybe the linux apache/tomcat
work better??

Anyway, it is enough for continue testing :-)

Frank Moellers

P.S: Is there someone who knows the exact way to solve the problem???