Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Jian Fang <ji...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/28 16:47:02 UTC

Cassandra 0.6.8 snapshot problem?

Hi,

We have an old production Cassandra 0.6.8 instance without replica, i.e.,
the replication factor is 1. Recently, we noticed that
the snapshot data we took from this instance are inconsistent with the
running instance data. For example, we took snapshot
in early July 2011. From the running instance, we got a record that was
created in March 2011, but on the snapshot copy, the
record with the same key was different and was created in January 2011.
Yesterday, we created another snapshot and reproduced
the problem. I just like to know if this is a known issue for Cassandra 0.6.

We are going to migrate to Cassandra 0.8, but we need to make sure this will
not be a problem in 0.8.

Thanks in advance,

John

Re: Cassandra 0.6.8 snapshot problem?

Posted by Jian Fang <ji...@gmail.com>.
We simply copy the snapshot data to another cluster to replace its data
directory. This cluster does not have any incoming traffic.

I haven't compared the md5 sum yet. Will try that.

Thanks,

John

Posted by Zhu Han <sc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
0.6.13 flushes first, and I don't remember changing that earlier in
0.6, but you'd have to check ColumnFamilyStore.snapshot in 0.6.8 to be
100% sure

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra