Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Andrew Klochkov <di...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/05 13:45:40 UTC

src/contrib/cloud scripts

Hi,

I'm using new src/contrib/cloud scripts created by Tom White recently. Great
work, now we can easily deploy 0.20.x onto EC2. Thanks, Tom!

I've just fixed 2 things in the scripts:

1. A typo in src/py/hadoop/cloud/cli.py: on "push" command the script
actually invokes proxy creation
2. Modified src/py/hadoop/cloud/service.py, to copy AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID
and AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY variables into a user data script environment, so
later it can fill them in hadoop configs.

Should I open a JIRA issue on it? Or should I post the patch here, in the
mailing list?

And also I'm thinking if it's a good idea to create a "hardware" provider to
use cloud scripts for hardware (non-cloud) cluster deployment. What do you
think? Is there a better way to automate hardware  cluster deployment?

--
Andrew Klochkov