Posted to user@flink.apache.org by srikanth flink <fl...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/27 05:12:10 UTC

Reading Key-Value from Kafka | Eviction policy.

Hi,

My data source is Kafka, all these days have been reading the values from
Kafka stream to a table. The table just grows and runs into a heap issue.

Came across the eviction policy that works on only keys, right?

Have researched to configure the environment file(Flink SLQ) to read both
key and value, so as the eviction works on the keys and older data is
cleared. I found nothing in the docs, so far.

Could someone help with that?
If there's no support for reading key and value, can someone help me to
assign a key to the table I'm building from stream?

Thanks
Srikanth

Re: Reading Key-Value from Kafka | Eviction policy.

Posted by srikanth flink <fl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Miki,

What are those several ways? could you help me with references?

Use case:

We have a continuous credit card transaction stream flowing into a Kafka
topic, along with a set of defaulters of credit card in a .csv file(which
gets updated every day).

Thanks

Srikanth

Posted by miki haiat <mi...@gmail.com>.