Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Andre Ng <an...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2002/09/25 04:58:35 UTC

Problems compiling the java source codes of lucene search engine

Hi...

Would anyone tell me how to get the package of Lucene
search engine? I can't compile and even run java
source codes such as HTMLDocument, IndexHTML on a Java
editor.

I downloaded the entire Lucene 1.2 thingy but still
can't compile the java source codes. Currently, I'm
doing an application interface to the search engine
and would like to see how things go in java source
codes.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Andre Ng

Re: Problems compiling the java source codes of lucene search engine

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Angre,

It sounds like there is more to this than compiling Lucene :)
Look inside those jars to see if that is compiled code (.class files).
If you don't know how to do that you need to learn how to use jar tool.
If you have .class files in there, you don't need to compile anything,
just put that lucene jar (or both, if you want) in your CLASSPATH.

Also, build.xml doesn't need to go in Ant's bin folder - you need to
figure out how to run Ant (i.e. this is not a Lucene issue).

Good luck,
Otis

Posted by Andre Ng <an...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Hi Otis,