Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by fud more <fu...@mindspring.com> on 2002/09/11 18:36:54 UTC

Hello. I'd like to contribute to coccon

Hello Everybody.

I downloaded cocoon a few months ago. I experimented with web page creation
with cocoon, and found that cocoon does provide a clear separation between
logic and view. I am interested in learning about the internals of cocoon as
well as contributing to your efforts in developing Cocoon. I have Java
experience but I have never worked with ANT. I downloaded the ANT manual and
I am trying to figure out how to make Jbuilder 7 recognize the xmlproperty
task in build.xml.   I've added the ant-1.5-optional.jar as part of the ANT
build and it still doesn't recognize the task. I have even replaced all the
ANT Jar files in jbuilder with the ones I downloaded from the cocoon
repository. If anybody has any suggestions then please let me know. Thank
you.

This is the error message.

Error message:

"build.xml": C:\Documents and
Settings\Administrator\jbproject\coccon\build.xml:204: Could not create task
of type: xmlproperty. Common solutions are to use taskdef to declare your
task, or, if this is an optional task, to put the optional.jar in the lib
directory of your ant installation (ANT_HOME). at line 204

Re: Hello. I'd like to contribute to coccon

Posted by Ritesh Parmar <fu...@mindspring.com>.
Sorry for using my Alias. my name is Ritesh. ;^>

> > Hello Everybody.
> >
> > I downloaded cocoon a few months ago. I experimented with web page
creation
> > with cocoon, and found that cocoon does provide a clear separation
between
> > logic and view. I am interested in learning about the internals of
cocoon as
> > well as contributing to your efforts in developing Cocoon. I have Java
> > experience but I have never worked with ANT. I downloaded the ANT manual
and
> > I am trying to figure out how to make Jbuilder 7 recognize the
xmlproperty
> > task in build.xml.   I've added the ant-1.5-optional.jar as part of the
ANT
> > build and it still doesn't recognize the task. I have even replaced all
the
> > ANT Jar files in jbuilder with the ones I downloaded from the cocoon
> > repository. If anybody has any suggestions then please let me know.
Thank
> > you.
>
> XmlProperty is part of Ant 1.5, not in optional.
> Does JBuilder have Ant 1.5 or 1.4.1?
>
> --

hmm, interesting.
well according to the version file in ant.jar
(org\apache\tools\ant\version.txt) it is version 1.4.1.
But they also have ant-1.5.jar and its' version is 1.5.

I believe that borland provides both version but uses the old one since the
ANT manual accompanying jbuilder 7 makes no mention of xmlproperty.

I've replaced ANT.jar with ANT-1.5.jar but still it complains. >^{

Re: Hello. I'd like to contribute to coccon

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
fud more wrote:
> Hello Everybody.
>
> I downloaded cocoon a few months ago. I experimented with web page creation
> with cocoon, and found that cocoon does provide a clear separation between
> logic and view. I am interested in learning about the internals of cocoon as
> well as contributing to your efforts in developing Cocoon. I have Java
> experience but I have never worked with ANT. I downloaded the ANT manual and
> I am trying to figure out how to make Jbuilder 7 recognize the xmlproperty
> task in build.xml.   I've added the ant-1.5-optional.jar as part of the ANT
> build and it still doesn't recognize the task. I have even replaced all the
> ANT Jar files in jbuilder with the ones I downloaded from the cocoon
> repository. If anybody has any suggestions then please let me know. Thank
> you.

XmlProperty is part of Ant 1.5, not in optional.
Does JBuilder have Ant 1.5 or 1.4.1?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -