Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Baeriswyl Kuno - Extern (IT-BA-MV)" <ku...@sbb.ch> on 2008/05/05 18:16:10 UTC

Dependency Tree with child-parent relationships

Hello!

I need to know if there exists a tool that resolves all child-parent relationships for Maven2. More precisely, I want to know which artefacts depend on a given artefact.

Example: A -> B,   B -> C and D -> C

For the example above, I want a tool that shows me A,B and D for the given artefact C.

All the tools I've found, like dependency:tree Mojo or JFrog Dependeny Analyser, resolve the parent-child relationships only. I know that Archiva, a Maven Repository, does resolve the first degree of child-parent relationship, however, I don't want to introduce this tool just because of this nice feature. Further more, I'd like to have resolved the whole tree.

Thanks for your input.

Kuno

AW: Dependency Tree with child-parent relationships

Posted by "Baeriswyl Kuno - Extern (IT-BA-MV)" <ku...@sbb.ch>.
Hi,

yes, I want reverse deps in order to know if a certain artefact is still in use and who is using it. Archiva solves the reverse deps for the first upper level by indexing the releationships, though, I don't want to use Archiva just for this feature.

Kuno

Posted by Michael McCallum <mi...@ferritdev.co.nz>.
mvn dependency:tree

(if it complains about plugin not existing try -U)