Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Ken Goldman <kg...@watson.ibm.com> on 2001/03/06 19:22:32 UTC

Re: DOMString transcode function in C++.

> From: David_N_Bertoni@lotus.com
> Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 11:51:57 -0500
>

> Your are wrong about this -- if an application and all DLLs that is uses
> are compiled to use the DLL C run-time library, then memory can be freely
> allocated and deleted across module boundaries because all of the modules
> are using the same heap.  Your application crashed because you're _not_
> using the DLL run-time library.  Check the code generation settings and
> you'll find that you're probably using the single-threaded or multithreaded
> run-time.

You are right, and this fixed the crash.

I somehow thought that the MT run time was for MT exe's and the MT DLL
run time was for MT dll's.  Even knowing the answer, I had trouble
finding any clues in the MS documentation.

--
Ken Goldman   kgold@watson.ibm.com   914-784-7646