Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org> on 2008/06/24 13:43:34 UTC

[SASL] Should we implement JSR 28 ?

Hi,

in order to get SASL working properly, we may want to implement JSR 28
(http://www.worldspot.com/jsr28/). Do you think this is an option, or
would this be overkilling ?

Thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: [SASL] Should we implement JSR 28 ?

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
Stefano Bagnara wrote:
> Emmanuel Lecharny ha scritto:
>> Hi,
>>
>> in order to get SASL working properly, we may want to implement JSR
>> 28 (http://www.worldspot.com/jsr28/). Do you think this is an option,
>> or would this be overkilling ?
>
> Isn't JSR28 already implemented in every java5 JVM?

There is a Sun provider for GSSAPI, CRAM-MD5 and DIGEST-MD5. The
question is : will it be enough for our need ?

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
Stefano Bagnara wrote:
> Emmanuel Lecharny ha scritto:
>> Hi,
>>
>> in order to get SASL working properly, we may want to implement JSR
>> 28 (http://www.worldspot.com/jsr28/). Do you think this is an option,
>> or would this be overkilling ?
>
> Isn't JSR28 already implemented in every java5 JVM?
JSR28 only defines Interfaces...

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
Stefano Bagnara wrote:
> Emmanuel Lecharny ha scritto:
>> Hi,
>>
>> in order to get SASL working properly, we may want to implement JSR
>> 28 (http://www.worldspot.com/jsr28/). Do you think this is an option,
>> or would this be overkilling ?
>
> Isn't JSR28 already implemented in every java5 JVM?
>
> Stefano

Leads me to another question : is there somewhere in Apache where the
Sasl interfaces has been implemented ? It would allow us to spend time
on better things than just implement classes will already exist ...

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.