Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Arne Roomann-Kurrik <ku...@google.com> on 2008/08/25 21:57:57 UTC

Draft for REST/RPC client library design document

I was asked to cross post a message from the spec group here because there's
likely developers on this list interested in OpenSocial client library
design.  If you'd like to give feedback, please respond to the original
thread here:
http://groups.google.com/group/opensocial-and-gadgets-spec/browse_thread/thread/c7bb59eb89d6b526#

>  Now that RESTful implementations seem to be at hand, I've been working
with
>  some developers at Google who want to help contribute to open-source
client
>  libraries in a couple different languages, like the GData client
libraries.
>  Because we want the general developer experience across each library to
be
>  similar, we came up with some goals and pseudocode illustrating how we
see
>  the client libraries being used and compiled these into a document.
 Before
>  major work begins on the actual library implementations, we wanted to
screen
>  this document by the spec group to get some outside feedback.
>
>  Here's the published doc:
>  http://docs.google.com/View?docID=dcxkzrfm_6fzqqwshj&revision=_latest
>
>  Is this how people see client libraries working for RESTful?  Has
anything
>  been left out?

~Arne

--
OpenSocial IRC - irc://irc.freenode.net/opensocial