Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Seva Popov <se...@tvworks.com> on 2008/05/17 01:04:46 UTC

What does this warning mean: [WARNING] Attempting to build MavenProject instance for Artifact of type jar; constructing POM artifact instead

Hi,

We switched from Maven 2.0.7 to Maven 2.0.9 and started observing the
following warnings for our projects that we could not understand:

[WARNING] Attempting to build MavenProject instance for Artifact
(com.tvworks.tva.common:tva-common-util:3.3-20080513.211757-64) of type:
jar; constructing POM artifact instead.

Please, let me know.

Thanks,
Seva

Re: What does this warning mean: [WARNING] Attempting to build MavenProject instance for Artifact of type jar; constructing POM artifact instead

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
This message comes from the "Plugin Management" report in
maven-project-info-reports-plugin 2.1-SNAPSHOT.

This has been report in JIRA at http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPIR-99

Seva Popov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We switched from Maven 2.0.7 to Maven 2.0.9 and started observing the
> following warnings for our projects that we could not understand:
>
> [WARNING] Attempting to build MavenProject instance for Artifact
> (com.tvworks.tva.common:tva-common-util:3.3-20080513.211757-64) of type:
> jar; constructing POM artifact instead.
>
> Please, let me know.
>
> Thanks,
> Seva