Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Access Denied <ac...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/08 18:11:13 UTC

Online Struts Tutorial

Would someone please recommend a current tutorial that may include iBATIS
integration?

tia,
am

Re: Online Struts Tutorial

Posted by Brian Bruns <br...@gmail.com>.
I have one I wrote for a internal developer class I gave.  If you're
interest let me know and I'll send it to you.

Re: Online Struts Tutorial

Posted by Access Denied <ac...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot, Larry!  Are there instructions on how to set everything up
from scratch?  How to get a hello world working?

ad

Re: Online Struts Tutorial

Posted by Larry Meadors <lm...@apache.org>.
Hey there, Mr. Denied,

Re: Online Struts Tutorial

Posted by netsql <ne...@pointcast.com>.
Opps.
We used iBatis 2.0 on a project 2 years ago, 1up.com.
The main difference is that it does not need to map as much, looked
similar to me, minor things. So 2.x all the way.

.V

Re: Online Struts Tutorial

Posted by Michael Jouravlev <jm...@gmail.com>.
Er... Actually, I was asking about IBatis 1.x vs. IBatis 2.x. Thanks
for giving me insight on Struts versions, though ;-)

Michael.

Re: Online Struts Tutorial

Posted by netsql <ne...@pointcast.com>.

Re: Online Struts Tutorial

Posted by Michael Jouravlev <jm...@gmail.com>.
Vic, I am sorry I did not get this one ;)

Re: Online Struts Tutorial

Posted by netsql <ne...@pointcast.com>.

Re: Online Struts Tutorial

Posted by Larry Meadors <lm...@apache.org>.
Yes, 1.x and 2.x are different enough to make the transition not much
fun...not terribly difficult, but if you can avoid it, do.

Also, version 1.x is not currently being maintained, so I would
suggest that you go for 2.x instead...it is way better anyway. :-)

Larry

Re: Online Struts Tutorial

Posted by Michael Jouravlev <jm...@gmail.com>.
On 12/8/05, Rick R <ri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> (By the way, I just started using gmail for my struts stuff now.. why does
> it include the sender also when I click reply and not just the
> user@strutsemail address?  Does that  happen for other gmail users
> also?)

Yes, but not always.

Re: Online Struts Tutorial

Posted by Rick R <ri...@gmail.com>.
Ha I was just going to say that is definitely outdated:) I'll get around to
updating it... I keep saying that I know:)

(By the way, I just started using gmail for my struts stuff now.. why does
it include the sender also when I click reply and not just the
user@strutsemail address?  Does that  happen for other gmail users
also?)

On 12/8/05, Larry Meadors <lmeadors@apache.org > wrote:

> Rick's is old old old - version 1.x ibatis...I keep hounding the
> slacker to update it, but he says he's busy. ;-)
>
> Larry
>

> On 12/8/05, netsql <ne...@pointcast.com> wrote:
> > In the wiki, I think there's a rick reuman Struts and iBatis tutorial
> >
> > Access Denied wrote:
> > > Would someone please recommend a current tutorial that may include
> iBATIS
> > > integration?
> > >
> > > tia,
> > > am