Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Fotis Jannidis <Fo...@lrz.uni-muenchen.de> on 2000/01/16 16:18:18 UTC

Enhancing the Fop docs (was: Fop Compiling woes)

> > It seems every now and then the compiling problems regarding
> > the missing source files which, are generated from properties.xml, would
> > crop up. I  think it would be great idea to document it or make some
> > other better way for doing this.
>
> It is documented in both the README and the FAQ, isn't it?
> Plus the make file does the code generation.

No, it's not in the FAQ yet, I'll change that.
Some other changes I propose:

Explicitly mention that Fop 12 suports the older XSL working draft. I am not sure that this
is necessary; has anybody seen a list of the changes and can comment on how Fop is
affected by them?

**A new section on bugs:
Image support doesn't work in Fop 0.12.0

**Limitations:
font-family: you can only specify one font

Something else?

James: If somebody subscribes to fop-dev he or she probably receives an introductory
message. Maybe it include a line like this:
Please check the documentation at xml.apache.org/fop or the readme/status files
coming with the source before you send bug reports to the group.

Fotis