Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> on 2011/08/25 00:16:51 UTC

Update on SVN dump load

Our JIRA issue has been updated:

Joe has done a test load onto:
https://svn-master.apache.org/repos/test/joes/ooo

No commits to it, please, but yell out if you see anything wrong.  It
looks good so far.

-Rob

RE: Update on SVN dump load

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.
The amount transferred will be less due to compression. Also note that you
have two copies of every file (the second is tucked down in the .svn
subdir).

Cheers,
-g
On Aug 24, 2011 8:58 PM, "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>
wrote:
> OK, I got a failure 201 MB and 20,875 files (6,848 folders) into a
check-out of the latest check-in (yours).

> The failure message isn't in the log (I didn't screen capture because I
thought it would be in a log somewhere).

RE: Update on SVN dump load

Re: Update on SVN dump load

Posted by Raphael Bircher <r....@gmx.ch>.
Am 25.08.11 00:16, schrieb Rob Weir:
> Our JIRA issue has been updated:
>
> Joe has done a test load onto:
> https://svn-master.apache.org/repos/test/joes/ooo
>
> No commits to it, please, but yell out if you see anything wrong.  It
> looks good so far.
I've just make a checkout without problem. Just for your information.

Greetings Raphael

Re: Update on SVN dump load

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.
wrt complete checkout, some use of

svn checkout --depth=immediates
svn up dir --set-depth=immediates
svn up dir --set-depth=infinity

might help with network issues.  (it breaks the checkout into smaller
transactions)

Re: Update on SVN dump load

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.
The plan is to do the load tomorrow, assuming
our prior svn upgrade plans go well.

RE: Update on SVN dump load

Re: Update on SVN dump load

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.

RE: Update on SVN dump load

RE: Update on SVN dump load

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.
Ah, the excitement builds ...

Posted by Eike Rathke <oo...@erack.de>.
Hi Mathias,

On Saturday, 2011-08-27 16:30:03 +0200, Mathias Bauer wrote:

> At least a self compiled 3.82 on cygwin failed to parse some of our
> make files. Björn Michaelsen might remember the problem.

cygwin indeed seems to have some problem, devs say that building make on
cygwin with   make check   reports failures. This is not the case on
Linux.

  Eike

Re: make version

Posted by Mathias Bauer <Ma...@gmx.net>.
Am 27.08.2011 14:50, schrieb Eike Rathke:

> Hi Mathias,
>
> On Friday, 2011-08-26 10:10:52 +0200, Mathias Bauer wrote:
>
>> Yes, 3.80 definitely is too old. 3.81 also has a serious issue that may
>> lead to gnu make crashes at times (but you can restart the build and
>> continue). We have a fix for it and another option would be to use 3.82,
>> but unfortunately this version has another problem. :-(
>
> What problem? I'm using it and didn't encounter any so far.

At least a self compiled 3.82 on cygwin failed to parse some of our
make files. Björn Michaelsen might remember the problem.

Regards,
Mathias

make version (was: Update on SVN dump load)

Posted by Eike Rathke <oo...@erack.de>.
Hi Mathias,

On Friday, 2011-08-26 10:10:52 +0200, Mathias Bauer wrote:

> Yes, 3.80 definitely is too old. 3.81 also has a serious issue that may
> lead to gnu make crashes at times (but you can restart the build and
> continue). We have a fix for it and another option would be to use 3.82,
> but unfortunately this version has another problem. :-(

What problem? I'm using it and didn't encounter any so far.

> We should discuss with the Libre Office developers how they finally decided.

3.81 only gives problems, everyone recommends 3.82, or even an own brew
with additional gbuild debug features from
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/contrib/dev-tools/tree/make-3.82-gbuild

  Eike

Re: [build completed] Re: Update on SVN dump load

Posted by Mathias Bauer <Ma...@gmx.net>.
Am 26.08.2011 07:49, schrieb eric b:

> Hi,
>
> Last part : was 2 files missing in filter/source/xslt/odf2xhtml/
> export/common
>
> Copy them at the right location + deliver in filter solved the issue.
>
> Packaging is successfull, and I got OpenOffice.org 3.4.(0 ?) installed.
>
> Conclusions :
>
> - the build is possible and easy on Mac OS X 10.4, assuming direct
> compatibility with all versions from 10.4 to 10.7 on Intel machines
> - we can say we are very close.
> - Remain : the l10n issue, probably not that important

Thanks for the confirmation. Sounds encouraging. :-)

Regards,
Mathias

[build completed] Re: Update on SVN dump load

Posted by eric b <er...@free.fr>.
Hi,

Last part : was 2 files missing in filter/source/xslt/odf2xhtml/
export/common

Copy them at the right location + deliver in filter solved the issue.

Packaging is successfull, and I got OpenOffice.org 3.4.(0 ?) installed.

Conclusions :

- the build is possible and easy on Mac OS X 10.4, assuming direct
compatibility with all versions from 10.4 to 10.7 on Intel machines
- we can say we are very close.
- Remain : the l10n issue, probably not that important

Thanks a lot to the one who created the repo, and did the most
difficult part !

Regards,
Eric
--
qɔᴉɹə
Education Project:

Re: Update on SVN dump load

Posted by Mathias Bauer <Ma...@gmx.net>.
Am 26.08.2011 07:22, schrieb eric b:

> Hi,
>
> For the record, the second part :
>
> I didn't use  --with-lang=" ..."  so I didn't hit th l10n breakage.
>
> Current status : breaks at packaging due to some other missing files.
> I didn't investigate more (coffee first .. ) but imho, it shouldn't
> be an important issue.
>
> Regards,
> Eric
>
> The log :
>
> Installed gmale 3.81 from  Darwin port solved the comphelper build.
>

> Next breakage :
>
> Entering /Users/ericb/Desktop/ooo_apache/hwpfilter/source
> dmake:  Error: -- `../unxmacxi.pro/slo/hwpeq.obj' not found, and
> can't be made
> Missing : hwpfilter/source/hwpeq.cpp
> Copy hwpeq.cpp from an old hg repo, solved the issue

Yes, another known missing file.

> Last breakage, (during the night)  at packaging :
>
> ... analyzing files ...
> ERROR: The following files could not be found:
> ERROR: File not found: /xslt/export/common/body.xsl
> ERROR: File not found: /xslt/export/common/styles/style_mapping_css.xsl
> ... cleaning the output tree ...

ditto.

Regards,
Mathias

Re: Update on SVN dump load

Posted by eric b <er...@free.fr>.
Hi,

[...]

No other issue, in particular in l10n, because I didn't set --with-
lang at configure time.

TODO : redo configure and rebuild using --with-lang=fr per see

Complement :

Checking out the l10n stuff:
cd ooo_apache  # cd $SRC_ROOT
svn co  https://svn-master.apache.org/repos/test/joes/ooo/trunk/
extras/l10n l10n

-> should  put everything in  l10n

Last but not least  is is   l10n/l10n  ?

Re: Update on SVN dump load

Posted by Mathias Bauer <Ma...@gmx.net>.
Am 25.08.2011 22:17, schrieb eric b:

> As promised, an update : I verified all the issues Pavel encountered
> in dictionnaries and readlincense_oo , excepted that I'm stuck (means
> build broken) in comphelper, due to a too old gnumake (3.80, need :
> 3.81)

Yes, 3.80 definitely is too old. 3.81 also has a serious issue that may
lead to gnu make crashes at times (but you can restart the build and
continue). We have a fix for it and another option would be to use 3.82,
but unfortunately this version has another problem. :-(

We should discuss with the Libre Office developers how they finally decided.

Regards.
Mathias

Re: Update on SVN dump load

Posted by Michael Stahl <ms...@openoffice.org>.
On 25.08.2011 23:08, Michael Stahl wrote:
> On 25.08.2011 22:17, eric b wrote:
>> As promised, an update : I verified all the issues Pavel encountered
>> in dictionnaries and readlincense_oo , excepted that I'm stuck (means
>> build broken) in comphelper, due to a too old gnumake (3.80, need :
>> 3.81)
>>
>> So we can consider the build is definitively broken on Mac OS X 10.4.
>> Will restart a build on Linux later.
>
> that's not a build breaker, your installation is just outdated :)

sorry, of course it breaks the build, what i meant to say is that it
can't and won't be fixed in the OOo code.

Re: Update on SVN dump load

Posted by eric b <er...@free.fr>.
Hi Michael,

Le 25 août 11 à 23:08, Michael Stahl a écrit :

> On 25.08.2011 22:17, eric b wrote:
>> As promised, an update : I verified all the issues Pavel encountered
>> in dictionnaries and readlincense_oo , excepted that I'm stuck (means
>> build broken) in comphelper, due to a too old gnumake (3.80, need :
>> 3.81)
>>
>> So we can consider the build is definitively broken on Mac OS X 10.4.
>> Will restart a build on Linux later.
>
> that's not a build breaker, your installation is just outdated :)

Indeed  :))

In fact, I do not add nor install anything since a long while.

> the new build system requires at least GNU make 3.81.
>
> the release 3.81 suffers from bug 20033 which causes GNU make to
> segfault occasionally when building with >1 jobs; it's fixed in
> 3.82, so
> get that if you need a new one anyway.

Eike explained me :)  (IRC is fast ^^ )

as workaround, "su + port install gmake" installed gmake 3.81. I
redid configure without fake gmae 3.81 + source MacX86 ... and the
build continue (but I do not like too much to mix binaries form /opt/
local/bin, and other though)

>> dmake:  Error: -- `THIRDPARTYLICENSEREADME.html' not found, and can't
>> be made
>
> known missing file
>
> (and the others also...)
>
> btw on linux GStreamer stuff doesn't build, i sent a patch for this
> on this list long time ago...

Ok. Noticed.

> perhaps it would make sense to wait with the building until the
> already known issues are fixed :)

Sorry, I believed it could be usefull to confirm the breakages ( I
think I can fix all).

In fact, I'm impatient to see the look of the mounted disk image on
Mac.  Will we see the awfull blue-and-white icons ?  :)

Regards,
Eric

Re: Update on SVN dump load

Posted by Michael Stahl <ms...@openoffice.org>.
On 25.08.2011 22:17, eric b wrote:
> As promised, an update : I verified all the issues Pavel encountered
> in dictionnaries and readlincense_oo , excepted that I'm stuck (means
> build broken) in comphelper, due to a too old gnumake (3.80, need :
> 3.81)
>
> So we can consider the build is definitively broken on Mac OS X 10.4.
> Will restart a build on Linux later.

that's not a build breaker, your installation is just outdated :)

the new build system requires at least GNU make 3.81.

the release 3.81 suffers from bug 20033 which causes GNU make to
segfault occasionally when building with >1 jobs; it's fixed in 3.82, so
get that if you need a new one anyway.

> dmake:  Error: -- `THIRDPARTYLICENSEREADME.html' not found, and can't
> be made

known missing file

(and the others also...)

btw on linux GStreamer stuff doesn't build, i sent a patch for this on
this list long time ago...

perhaps it would make sense to wait with the building until the already
known issues are fixed :)

regards,
 michael

Re: Update on SVN dump load

Posted by eric b <er...@free.fr>.
As promised, an update : I verified all the issues Pavel encountered
in dictionnaries and readlincense_oo , excepted that I'm stuck (means
build broken) in comphelper, due to a too old gnumake (3.80, need :
3.81)

So we can consider the build is definitively broken on Mac OS X 10.4.
Will restart a build on Linux later.

Below the (partial) log,
Eric

Building on Mac OS X 10.4.11 (Intel)

Dowloadin the sources :
svn co  https://svn-master.apache.org/repos/test/joes/ooo/trunk/main
ooo_apache

# https or http ?

cd ooo_apache/

./configure --disable-odk --disable-gtk --disable-headless --disable-
build-mozilla --with-jdk-home=/System/Library/Frameworks/
JavaVM.framework/Home --disable-mediawiki --disable-vba --without-junit

./bootstrap

(dmake is built, and a lot of sources are dowloaded, md5sum checked
and so on)

bootstrap => ok

source MacOSXX86Env.Set.sh

cd instsetoo_native

build --all -P3 -- -P3

First breakage :  readlicense_oo

Entering /Users/ericb/Desktop/ooo_apache/readlicense_oo/html

dmake:  Error: -- `THIRDPARTYLICENSEREADME.html' not found, and can't
be made

1 module(s):
         readlicense_oo
need(s) to be rebuilt

Workaround : copy THIRDPARTYLICENSEREADME.html from an old tree (from
hg) into
readlicense_oo/html fiwed the issue.

Missing :  readlicense_oo/html/THIRDPARTYLICENSEREADME.html

Next breakages :

Module 'xmerge' delivered successfully. 0 files copied, 12 files
unchanged

3 module(s):
         dictionaries
         hwpfilter
         comphelper

=> broken in dictionaries, hwpfiler, comphelper

cd dictionaries && buld :

1)
Entering /Users/ericb/Desktop/ooo_apache/dictionaries/de_CH

dmake:  Error: -- `./README_hyph_de_CH.txt' not found, and can't be made

=> missing dictionaries/de_CH/README_hyph_de_CH.txt

Add the file from an old repo fixed the breakage

build to continue

2)

Entering /Users/ericb/Desktop/ooo_apache/dictionaries/de_AT

/Users/ericb/Desktop/ooo_apache/solenv/bin/transform_description.pl:
WITH_LANG not set or empty, defaulting to 'en-US'
cp ./dictionaries.xcu ../unxmacxi.pro/misc/dict-de-AT/dictionaries.xcu
dmake:  Error: -- `./README_hyph_de_AT.txt' not found, and can't be made

=> missing dictionaries/de_AT/README_hyph_de_AT.txt

Add the file from an old repo fixed the breakage.

build to continue

3)

Entering /Users/ericb/Desktop/ooo_apache/dictionaries/de_DE

/Users/ericb/Desktop/ooo_apache/solenv/bin/transform_description.pl:
WITH_LANG not set or empty, defaulting to 'en-US'
cp ./dictionaries.xcu ../unxmacxi.pro/misc/dict-de-DE/dictionaries.xcu
dmake:  Error: -- `./README_hyph_de_DE.txt' not found, and can't be made
ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making /Users/ericb/Desktop/
ooo_apache/dictionaries/de_DE

Missing  : /dictionaries/de_DE/README_hyph_de_DE.txt

Copy the missing file form an old repo fixed the breakage.

build -> dictionaries successfuly built.

Build broken in comphelper : I got gnumake 3.80  and it is not
compatible with my set :-/

Re: Update on SVN dump load

Posted by eric b <er...@free.fr>.
Le 25 août 11 à 20:15, Mathias Bauer a écrit :

> Hi Eric,
>
> Am 25.08.2011 19:54, schrieb eric b:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm currently downloading the sources, and I'll give it a try on Mac
>> OS X ( 10.4 ) and Linux ( X86_64 later tonight).  I got two
>> Virtualboxes running Windows too, but later.
>>
>> Where can we put the first instructions / workaround for probable
>> brakeages ?  On the wiki ?
>
> Why not here?

Ok I'll notice everything and report it there :)

> At the time being I don't expect much breakages. We know the
> problem of
> the missing files and maybe some line end changes could cause trouble
> (but that would be weird). Besides these two differences the code from
> the svn repo is identical with the code from the hg repo that was
> successfully built by Martin Hollmichel some weeks ago (AFAIR).

Got an hg repo and this will help me to compare / fix the missing
files. Pavel provided me his list on IRC, so I'm ready to try :)

> The interesting part starts when we remove the (L)GPL and MPL stuff.

I see

Regards,
Eric

Re: Update on SVN dump load

Posted by Mathias Bauer <Ma...@gmx.net>.
Hi Eric,

Am 25.08.2011 19:54, schrieb eric b:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently downloading the sources, and I'll give it a try on Mac
> OS X ( 10.4 ) and Linux ( X86_64 later tonight).  I got two
> Virtualboxes running Windows too, but later.
>
> Where can we put the first instructions / workaround for probable
> brakeages ?  On the wiki ?

Why not here?

RE: Update on SVN dump load

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.
Good idea.

Re: Update on SVN dump load

Posted by eric b <er...@free.fr>.
Hi,

Re: Update on SVN dump load

Posted by Mathias Bauer <Ma...@gmx.net>.
Am 25.08.2011 18:13, schrieb Pavel Janík:

> Hi,
>
>> The missing files and line end problems are known, please see the
>> thread
>>
>> "[Repo][Proposal] OOO340 SVN Dump file import"
>
> yup, I read
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-dev/201108.mbox/%3c4E54CA79.3010204@gmx.net%3e
> a bit later. Looks like I'm not effectively able to read all mails
> here 8)

:-)

Re: Update on SVN dump load

Posted by Pavel Janík <Pa...@Janik.cz>.
Hi,

> The missing files and line end problems are known, please see the thread
>
> "[Repo][Proposal] OOO340 SVN Dump file import"

yup, I read http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-dev/201108.mbox/%3c4E54CA79.3010204@gmx.net%3e a bit later. Looks like I'm not effectively able to read all mails here 8)

Who will work on the missing files? When they will be available in the repository?

The only issue (except the files listed in the above mentioned mails) are missing Repository*mk files for l10n for now.

Building binfilter/sfx2 now (slow, cold ccache)...
--
Pavel Janík

Re: Update on SVN dump load

Posted by Mathias Bauer <Ma...@gmx.net>.
Hi Pavel,

Am 25.08.2011 17:17, schrieb Pavel Janík:

>> Download works fine, took ~15 min via http.
>> diff against my own import from your svn.dump is empty. Good. :-)
>>
>> We're making progress!
>
> I was too impatient so I did some hack work on my build system and added this new repo as another source.
>
> During the work, I had to fix the following issues:
>
> - l10n/Repository*mk files missing

The missing files and line end problems are known, please see the thread

"[Repo][Proposal] OOO340 SVN Dump file import"

especially my last reply there at 08-24.

> The build is still running though. Will update the results later today.

Thanks, your service will be a big help for us when we do the next steps
as the changes we will do should be tested on as much platforms as possible.

Good to have you on board. :-)

Regards,
Mathias

Re: Update on SVN dump load

Posted by Pavel Janík <Pa...@Janik.cz>.
> Download works fine, took ~15 min via http.
> diff against my own import from your svn.dump is empty. Good. :-)
>
> We're making progress!

I was too impatient so I did some hack work on my build system and added this new repo as another source.

During the work, I had to fix the following issues:

- l10n/Repository*mk files missing

- apache-commons/patches/codec.patch file missing

oo@oo-buildsrv:~/BuildDir/ooo_OOO340_m0_src> ls -al apache-commons/patches/codec.patch
-rw-r--r-- 1 oo users 1010 Apr  8 16:53 apache-commons/patches/codec.patch
oo@oo-buildsrv:~/BuildDir/ooo_OOO340_m0_src> file apache-commons/patches/codec.patch
apache-commons/patches/codec.patch: ASCII text, with CRLF, LF line terminators
oo@oo-buildsrv:~/BuildDir/ooo_OOO340_m0_src>

- module dictionaries missing few files:

oo@oo-buildsrv:~/BuildDir/ooo_OOO340_m0_src/dictionaries/de_CH> ls -al README_hyph_de_CH.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 oo users 1545 Apr  8 16:53 README_hyph_de_CH.txt
oo@oo-buildsrv:~/BuildDir/ooo_OOO340_m0_src/dictionaries/de_CH>

oo@oo-buildsrv:~/BuildDir/ooo_OOO340_m0_src/dictionaries> ls -al de_AT/README_hyph_de_AT.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 oo users 1547 Apr  8 16:53 de_AT/README_hyph_de_AT.txt
oo@oo-buildsrv:~/BuildDir/ooo_OOO340_m0_src/dictionaries>

oo@oo-buildsrv:~/BuildDir/ooo_OOO340_m0_src/dictionaries> ls -al de_DE/README_hyph_de_DE.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 oo users 1547 Apr  8 16:53 de_DE/README_hyph_de_DE.txt

Re: Update on SVN dump load

Posted by Mathias Bauer <Ma...@gmx.net>.
Am 25.08.2011 00:16, schrieb Rob Weir:

> Our JIRA issue has been updated:
>
> Joe has done a test load onto:
> https://svn-master.apache.org/repos/test/joes/ooo
>
> No commits to it, please, but yell out if you see anything wrong.  It
> looks good so far.
>
> -Rob

Download works fine, took ~15 min via http.
diff against my own import from your svn.dump is empty. Good. :-)

We're making progress!

Regards,
Mathias
(impatiently waiting ;-))