Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by somashekara D M <so...@procsys.com> on 2003/12/01 11:01:21 UTC

Opening .JSP file through Apache without using mod_jk connector ?

Hi all,

Is is possible to open ".JSP" files through Apache Server without using
Mod_JK connector. Currently I'using Mod_JK connector 4.1.27 between
Apache 2.0.40 and Tomcat 2.1.47 on Red Hat Linux 9.0.

Can anyone help me on this ?

TIA,
SOMA

Re: Opening .JSP file through Apache without using mod_jk connector ?

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@comcast.net>.
Soma,

> Is is possible to open ".JSP" files through Apache Server without using
> Mod_JK connector. Currently I'using Mod_JK connector 4.1.27 between
> Apache 2.0.40 and Tomcat 2.1.47 on Red Hat Linux 9.0.

So, you want Apache to serve the .jsp file? It can certainly do that,
but it will not actually "run" the .jsp file for you. If you want the
.jsp file to be "run", then you need Tomcat (or some other app server)
to do it for you.

mod_jk (or mod_jk2) is the standard way to connect Tomcat to Apache.

-chris