Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by ChingShen <ch...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/22 07:53:25 UTC

Question about Barrier tutorial

Hi all,

  I run a Barrier example from ZooKeeper Tutorial(
http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.3.1/zookeeperTutorial.html#sc_barriers),
but I have a question about that does the example just enables a group of
processes to synchronize the beginning of a computation? does it not ensure
that the end of a computation? or is it a bug?

Thanks.

Shen

Re: Question about Barrier tutorial

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo-inc.com>.
The one in the tutorial is not optimized, so the way to differentiate
the nodes is by appending the node name, and not sequential identifiers.

-Flavio

Posted by ChingShen <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Flavio,

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo-inc.com>.