Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Mark Hewis <ma...@bbc.co.uk> on 2000/06/21 14:37:44 UTC

Restarting a modperl server

What is the best way to restart modperl server that
a) Reloads all perl modules
b) reloads and runs the configuration file

and if possible

c) Only kills each child after it has finished its request

'kill -USR1 pid' doesn't reload the perl-modules in my test

neither does

'kill -HUP pid'

I am starting all the modules with a startup.pl script called in the
httpd.conf file

Any ideas

Thanks

Mark

This e-mail, and any attachment, is confidential. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system, do not use or disclose the information in any way, and notify me immediately. The contents of this message may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC, unless specifically stated.