Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Adam Pritchard <ap...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/18 01:00:42 UTC

Jr. to Mid Level Big Data jobs in Bay Area

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if any of you know any openings looking to hire a big data
dev in the Palo Alto area.

Main thing I am looking for is to be on a team that will embrace having a
Jr to Mid level big data developer, where I can grow my skill set and
contribute.

My skills are:

3 years Java
1.5 years Hadoop
1.5 years Hbase
1 year map reduce
1 year Apache Storm
<1 year Apache Spark (did a Spark Streaming project in Scala)

5 years PHP
3 years iOS development
4 years Amazon ec2 experience

Currently I am working in San Francisco as a big data developer, but the
team I'm on is content leaving me work that I already knew how to do when I
came to the team (web services) and I want to work with big data
technologies at least 70% of the time.

I am not a senior big data dev, but I am motivated to be and am just
looking for an opportunity where I can work all day or most of the day with
big data technologies, and contribute and learn from the project at hand.

Thanks if anyone can share any information,

Adam

Re: Jr. to Mid Level Big Data jobs in Bay Area

Posted by Rich Haase <rh...@pandora.com>.
Hi Adam,

Questions about employment and career advice aren’t appropriate for this, or any, Apache mailing list .   However, there are a number of forums on Linkedin where this question will be much better received.

The Hadoop mailing lists get bombarded with questions from all over the ecosystem and in many cases not related to Hadoop at all. The community is very protective (as you can see) of these forums as they are often the best possible place to get and share expertise on the development and operation of Hadoop.

Thanks,

Rich

On May 18, 2015, at 5:19 AM, mark charts <mc...@yahoo.com>> wrote:

I agree.

I think its OK. But be advised there are jerks even in "sheep's clothing." Humans are good at complaining for no reason at all. Simply to hears their own voice, I suppose.

On Sunday, May 17, 2015 9:15 PM, Juan Suero <ju...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Hes a human asking for human advice.. its ok methinks.
we should live in a more tolerant world.
Thanks.

On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 8:10 PM, Stephen Boesch <ja...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Hi,  This is not a job board. Thanks.

[...]

Rich Haase| Sr. Software Engineer | Pandora
m (303) 887-1146 | rhaase@pandora.com<ma...@pandora.com>

Re: Jr. to Mid Level Big Data jobs in Bay Area

Posted by Corey Nolet <cj...@gmail.com>.
Agreed.

Apache user lists archive questions and answers specifically for the
purpose of helping the larger community navigate its projects. It is not a
place for classifieds and employment information.

Posted by Corey Nolet <cj...@gmail.com>.
Agreed.

Posted by Corey Nolet <cj...@gmail.com>.
Agreed.

Posted by Corey Nolet <cj...@gmail.com>.
Agreed.

Posted by Billy Watson <wi...@gmail.com>.
Uh, it's not about being tolerant. It's the wrong forum for it. There's
enough chatter on here and there are 50 job boards all over the
internetwebs. Please use the proper forums.

William Watson
Software Engineer
(904) 705-7056 PCS

On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 9:14 PM, Juan Suero <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hes a human asking for human advice.. its ok methinks.
> we should live in a more tolerant world.
> Thanks.
>
> On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 8:10 PM, Stephen Boesch <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,  This is not a job board. Thanks.

>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> I was wondering if any of you know any openings looking to hire a big
>>> data dev in the Palo Alto area.
>>>
>>> Main thing I am looking for is to be on a team that will embrace having
>>> a Jr to Mid level big data developer, where I can grow my skill set and
>>> contribute.
>>>

>>> My skills are:
>>>
>>> 3 years Java
>>> 1.5 years Hadoop
>>> 1.5 years Hbase
>>> 1 year map reduce

Posted by Billy Watson <wi...@gmail.com>.
Uh, it's not about being tolerant. It's the wrong forum for it. There's
enough chatter on here and there are 50 job boards all over the
internetwebs. Please use the proper forums.

William Watson
Software Engineer
(904) 705-7056 PCS

On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 9:14 PM, Juan Suero <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hes a human asking for human advice.. its ok methinks.
> we should live in a more tolerant world.
> Thanks.
>
> On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 8:10 PM, Stephen Boesch <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,  This is not a job board. Thanks.

>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> I was wondering if any of you know any openings looking to hire a big
>>> data dev in the Palo Alto area.
>>>
>>> Main thing I am looking for is to be on a team that will embrace having
>>> a Jr to Mid level big data developer, where I can grow my skill set and
>>> contribute.
>>>

>>> My skills are:
>>>
>>> 3 years Java
>>> 1.5 years Hadoop
>>> 1.5 years Hbase
>>> 1 year map reduce

Posted by Billy Watson <wi...@gmail.com>.
Uh, it's not about being tolerant. It's the wrong forum for it. There's
enough chatter on here and there are 50 job boards all over the
internetwebs. Please use the proper forums.

William Watson
Software Engineer
(904) 705-7056 PCS

On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 9:14 PM, Juan Suero <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hes a human asking for human advice.. its ok methinks.
> we should live in a more tolerant world.
> Thanks.
>
> On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 8:10 PM, Stephen Boesch <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,  This is not a job board. Thanks.

>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> I was wondering if any of you know any openings looking to hire a big
>>> data dev in the Palo Alto area.
>>>
>>> Main thing I am looking for is to be on a team that will embrace having
>>> a Jr to Mid level big data developer, where I can grow my skill set and
>>> contribute.
>>>

>>> My skills are:
>>>
>>> 3 years Java
>>> 1.5 years Hadoop
>>> 1.5 years Hbase
>>> 1 year map reduce

Posted by Billy Watson <wi...@gmail.com>.
Uh, it's not about being tolerant. It's the wrong forum for it. There's
enough chatter on here and there are 50 job boards all over the
internetwebs. Please use the proper forums.

William Watson
Software Engineer
(904) 705-7056 PCS

On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 9:14 PM, Juan Suero <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hes a human asking for human advice.. its ok methinks.
> we should live in a more tolerant world.
> Thanks.
>
> On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 8:10 PM, Stephen Boesch <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,  This is not a job board. Thanks.

>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> I was wondering if any of you know any openings looking to hire a big
>>> data dev in the Palo Alto area.
>>>
>>> Main thing I am looking for is to be on a team that will embrace having
>>> a Jr to Mid level big data developer, where I can grow my skill set and
>>> contribute.
>>>

>>> My skills are:
>>>
>>> 3 years Java
>>> 1.5 years Hadoop