Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Steven Chen <sc...@arising.net> on 2002/11/06 23:06:26 UTC

caching objects in context

Hi,
What is the implementation of context object caching in
velocity-1.2-rc2? Does it release all the objects in context or keep
them forever? My application has an out of memory problem. Thanks for
your help.

Regards,

Steve

Re: caching objects in context

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@adeptra.com>.
On 11/6/02 5:06 PM, "Steven Chen" <sc...@arising.net> wrote:

> Hi,
> What is the implementation of context object caching in
> velocity-1.2-rc2? Does it release all the objects in context or keep
> them forever? My application has an out of memory problem. Thanks for
> your help.

First, switch to velocity 1.3.  It's possible to get OOM problems with 1.2

Next, the VelocityContext is something that you control the lifecycle of -
if you pool and reuse, then it's possible they accumulate cruft.  If you are
using velocityservlet, it doesn't cache, so that isn't the problem.

geir

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.
geirm@adeptra.com                                    +1-203-355-2219 (w)