Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by DAve <da...@pixelhammer.com> on 2005/11/23 22:41:27 UTC

OT: senderbase

Good afternoon,

I take a look each week at senderbase to check and see what others think
my network is sending out in terms of mail volume. I generally find it
helpful.

http://senderbase.org

Anyone else using that report? I ask because I have two IPs showing up
there as having excessively high mail volumes, yet the IPs they list
have port 25 blocked at the client router.

I have send two emails to support@senderbase.org and received no replys
so far. Am I spinning my wheels here?

DAve

Re: OT: senderbase

Posted by DAve <da...@pixelhammer.com>.
Matt Kettler wrote:
> DAve wrote:
>
>>Good afternoon,
>>
>>I take a look each week at senderbase to check and see what others think
>>my network is sending out in terms of mail volume. I generally find it
>>helpful.
>>
>>http://senderbase.org
>>
>>Anyone else using that report? I ask because I have two IPs showing up
>>there as having excessively high mail volumes, yet the IPs they list
>>have port 25 blocked at the client router.
>

> Are you sure? And bear in mind, you need to be considering outbound access, not
> inbound.

Yes, we blocked them at their Cisco because they had been compromised
(Motel with free internet access). Blocked in and out and forced the sue
fo webmail and smtp-auth.

DAve

Re: OT: senderbase

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.