Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com> on 2007/03/15 19:39:35 UTC

Outstanding patches

Hola WSS4Jers

I would like to get two patches integrated into the WSS4J sometime soon. I
think as a WS committer I have authority to do this myself (or so people
like Dims tell me ;-)), but I thought I would check to see if there were a)
any objections to me doing this or b) there were any objections to the
patches themselves:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WSS-57
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WSS-45

If I don't hear anything back, I'm going to go ahead and commit them.

The only possible issue I see is with WSS-45 as it changes the
AbstractCrypto(Properties properties)  constructor to AbstractCrypto(Map).
Since Properties extends Map this shouldn't be an issue unless someone is
using reflection. But would anyone really be using reflection with an
AbstractCrypto constructor? I don't think so...

Cheers,
- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse
Envoi Solutions

AW: Outstanding patches

Posted by "Dittmann, Werner" <we...@siemens.com>.
Looks good for me as well - thanks Dan.

Regards,
Werner

________________________________

		For WSS-45, Can you have both constructors? (and deprecate the one
		with properties?)

		thanks,
		dims

		On 3/15/07, Dan Diephouse < dan@envoisolutions.com <ma...@envoisolutions.com> > wrote:
		> Hola WSS4Jers
		>
		> I would like to get two patches integrated into the WSS4J sometime soon. I
		> think as a WS committer I have authority to do this myself (or so people
		> like Dims tell me ;-)), but I thought I would check to see if there were a)
		> any objections to me doing this or b) there were any objections to the
		> patches themselves:
		>
		> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WSS-57
		> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WSS-45
		>
		>  If I don't hear anything back, I'm going to go ahead and commit them.
		>
		> The only possible issue I see is with WSS-45 as it changes the
		> AbstractCrypto(Properties properties)  constructor to AbstractCrypto(Map).
		> Since Properties extends Map this shouldn't be an issue unless someone is
		> using reflection. But would anyone really be using reflection with an
		> AbstractCrypto constructor? I don't think so...
		>
		> Cheers,
		> - Dan
		>
		> --
		> Dan Diephouse
		> Envoi Solutions

	Dan Diephouse
	Envoi Solutions

AW: Outstanding patches

Posted by "Dittmann, Werner" <we...@siemens.com>.
Looks good for me as well - thanks Dan.

Regards,
Werner

________________________________

		For WSS-45, Can you have both constructors? (and deprecate the one
		with properties?)

		thanks,
		dims

		On 3/15/07, Dan Diephouse < dan@envoisolutions.com <ma...@envoisolutions.com> > wrote:
		> Hola WSS4Jers
		>
		> I would like to get two patches integrated into the WSS4J sometime soon. I
		> think as a WS committer I have authority to do this myself (or so people
		> like Dims tell me ;-)), but I thought I would check to see if there were a)
		> any objections to me doing this or b) there were any objections to the
		> patches themselves:
		>
		> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WSS-57
		> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WSS-45
		>
		>  If I don't hear anything back, I'm going to go ahead and commit them.
		>
		> The only possible issue I see is with WSS-45 as it changes the
		> AbstractCrypto(Properties properties)  constructor to AbstractCrypto(Map).
		> Since Properties extends Map this shouldn't be an issue unless someone is
		> using reflection. But would anyone really be using reflection with an
		> AbstractCrypto constructor? I don't think so...
		>
		> Cheers,
		> - Dan
		>
		> --
		> Dan Diephouse