Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by natk <nk...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/27 03:44:26 UTC

logging page number

Is it possible to configure FOP logging to print page number information?

I get lots of the following messages:

2014-03-27 13:17:51,072  WARN
(org.apache.fop.events.LoggingEventListener:97) - Line 1 of a paragraph
overflows the available area by more than 50 points. (See position 344:409)

I can search the fo file at that position, but it would be so much easier if
I knew the output page, then I could go straight to that page and check the
overflow.

Re: logging page number

Posted by natk <nk...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for asking that question. We are converting to FO from docbook xsl
and I can see that most of the overruns are coming from <programlisting>
blocks. I can try and write a tool which will detect this.

Re: logging page number

Posted by Rob Sargent <rs...@xmission.com>.
Then too, if FOP reporting something like

    "on or after page N" we see that a paragraph overflows the available
    area by more than 50 points. (See position 344:409)"

might be all the OP really needs.

Re: logging page number

Posted by Rob Sargent <rs...@xmission.com>.

Re: logging page number