Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2011/08/05 16:11:00 UTC

cdyne

Hi,

I really wonder if CdyneServices.java should be in commons or rather in commonext. It looks like an application util to me.

Jacques

Re: cdyne

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
OK, so Bilgin was right, I will deprecate but will also move it to commonext. Do you know what I should put in the see tag? If
someone wants to implement the new version... At least
a link for now should be enough...

 /**
 * @deprecated
 * @see #????
 */

Thanks

Jacques

From: "Tim Ruppert" <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Re: cdyne

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: cdyne

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
By "this one" I meant
http://ws.cdyne.com/psaddress/addresslookup.asmx/ReturnCityState?zipcode=90010&LicenseKey=0

Jacques

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>

Re: cdyne

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>

Re: cdyne

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi BIlgin,

From: "Bilgin Ibryam" <bi...@gmail.com>

Re: cdyne

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@gmail.com>.

Re: cdyne

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "Tim Ruppert" <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Re: cdyne

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
They changed their name and rebuilt all of the web services a few years ago.  That being said, I have no idea if anyone is using it any longer - but it stopped working for us a while back so we stopped using it.

Cheers,
Ruppert

On Aug 8, 2011, at 12:41 PM, David E Jones wrote:

> We have a general precedence for not removing things people might be using, which is anything in the project, especially without reasonable notice (like waiting a while for comment).
>
> On the other hand, if the company behind these services no longer existed or something like that (I don't know if this is the case), then yes might as well remove them right away.
>
> -David
>

> On Aug 8, 2011, at 12:37 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>
>> Everybody agree?
>>
>> Jacques
>>
>> From: "Tim Ruppert" <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>
>>> It's a likely out of date old web services API - my guess is we could drop it all together.
>>> Cheers,
>>> Ruppert
>>> --
>>> Tim Ruppert