Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Sergey Shelukhin <se...@hortonworks.com> on 2018/05/03 19:40:23 UTC

Re: switching HiveQA to manual submission?

Ping? I just had 3-4 JIRAs again disappear from the queue mysteriously, for the 2nd or 3rd time in one week.

Given that there doesn’t appear to be major interest in improving the script in the community (other than some minor changes), should we just nuke it and have manual submission w/2 fields, a patch file and jira number? That way the tracking at least can be improved. And the patch choice to run or not run.
This would take less time than trying to appease the fickle spirits of HiveQA as it is now. And also probably result in somewhat shorter queues.

From: Sergey Shelukhin <se...@hortonworks.com>>
Date: Thursday, April 26, 2018 at 17:57
To: "dev@hive.apache.org<ma...@hive.apache.org>" <de...@hive.apache.org>>
Subject: switching HiveQA to manual submission?

Given the constant cluster.... with HiveQA, namely queue constantly losing or not picking up patches for whatever reason (not limited to dedup - I uploaded some patches today where there’s only one attached to the JIRA and still it didn’t get in the queue or got removed) I wonder if we should add manual submission option to HiveQA. Or make it the only option actually.
That way one can target a specific file and get a specific job link back that won’t got anywhere (one can hope)...

Re: switching HiveQA to manual submission?

Posted by Vihang Karajgaonkar <vi...@cloudera.com>.
The builds team acknowledged that for now on unscheduled/scheduled outages
will be emailed to builds@apache.org. Please subscribe to that list in case
you are interested to know about jenkins outages. This page
https://status.apache.org/ also reports the current status and past
incidents.

Thanks,
Vihang